ADSL Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADSL Problems

I have a D-Lin 300+ ADSL Modem connected to my computer, running windows 2000. I use PPPoA to connect to my ISP. Whenever I restart my computer, I get the correct IP from the modem however webrowsing slows to a crawl, and only reseting the modem will fix it any ideas ???

TIA

Need more info to correctly diagnose the problem.

Can you put out as many computer specs as you know.

Also the type of modem you have. Length of service with your isp, name of the isp.
    Any other problems you have experienced with them.

Did your service ever work normal?

Have you powercycled the modem? Turn the modem off and unplug it from your computer and the power from the wall for 2 min. Then replug everything, then restart the computer. Then try to connect and browse and see if that helps.

Also answer the questions above so we can narrrow it down for you.

Chez

Comment

Originally posted by Chezman29
      Need more info to correctly diagnose the problem.

Also the type of modem you have. Length of service with your isp, name of the isp.
      Any other problems you have experienced with them.
      ISP Name : Netspace

Connection Type 256/64

Modem : D-Link 300+

Computer Specs :

P4 1.8
      Asus P4B-266 (onboard sound)
      512 Mb DDR Ram
      40 GB HDD
      12/10/32A Plextor CDR/W
      LITE On LTD-163
      LeadTek Geforce 3 Ti 200

Did your service ever work normal?
      It works fine if I reset the modem, restart the computer and then reenter my ISP details as the modem handles that.

Have you powercycled the modem? Turn the modem off and unplug it from your computer and the power from the wall for 2 min. Then replug everything, then restart the computer. Then try to connect and browse and see if that helps.
      Thats what I have to do after a reboot

Comment

I'm a Netspace customer as well. Had a few problems with disconnections a few months ago, but it seemed to sort itself out.

It's strange that the modem needs rebooting everytime. I don't suppose you can borrow another modem and test that to see if it's the same thing?

Also, something else to try -
        <blockquote>To reconfigure your device in G.dmt mode, use the serial console or telnet to enter the following commands:

> itex line down
        > itex mode dmt
        > config save
        > flashfs update
        > itex line up
        </blockquote>This seems to fix a lot of people's problems with the DSL-300. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I'm afraid that had no effect :(

I can't borrow a modem as noone around where I live has a ethernet ADSL modem I can borrow.

When it works it works great

Comment

Give the helpdesk a call and see what they say. Most of the guys I've dealt with there are pretty switched on, as far as support people go.

Comment

Working...
            X