Wireless/adslmodem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless/adslmodem?

Hi, i've been looking all over the place for an adslmodem/router with the specs I need instead of getting seperate units and cant seem to find the exact facilities. The netgear fm114p is perfect, bar the lack of an inbuilt adsl modem, does anyone know of a routerwith the same specs (wireless 11b, router, serial print server) with the addition of an inbuilt adsl modem? I'd really apreciate any model suggestions as this is driving me mad and no doubt i'll end up ordering totally the wrong thing .

ps: anyone know if it's feasible to hook an adsl modem/router up to another router? It's just I can get my hands on a router/modem cheap and I need a modem to hook up to my wireless router, cheers.

hi well i set this up and working had to play with channels now my dad gets adsl from me at his place

hi well i was looking to set up wireless adsl router switch to setup a network thats is over 100 metre apart
    well found netgear model DG834g it got 802.11g that is 5 time faster then A OR D then a wireless card model WG311 it got 208.11g at 2-4 ghz say it got wireless video streaming to get to other computer 100 metre away using direct antanna
    model ANT2405 and it got 802.11 g and a range they say range is 794 metres with 5 DBI antanna gain

Comment

EDIT by Admin:

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachus
        ps: anyone know if it's feasible to hook an adsl modem/router up to another router? It's just I can get my hands on a router/modem cheap and I need a modem to hook up to my wireless router, cheers.
        Most Wireless Routers can be set up to act purely as an Access Point, which would solve the problem.

Most of the major network supply companies (Linksys, Netgear, etc) have some form of Wireless Router/Modem combos. Some of them require a PCMCIA card to supply the wireless connection, others have it built in.

Comment

Working...
        X