winipcfg in XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winipcfg in XP?

I want to see the ipconfiguration in my xp system, I know that ipconfig /all works, but i kinda liked the winipcfg that 9x had. is there some other way to see that stuff?

BTW i included a pic of what i mean, just in case u dont remember anymore :D

Start--->Control Panel--->Network Connections---> Local Area Connection---> Support tab brings up a simular screen for me. If you want a little more info just hit the "details" button.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

No pretty GUI, but in a commnad prompt, u can use ipconfig.

Comment

yep, what Vinnie said... ipconfig /renew

Comment

i know about ipconfig, but was hoping for a nice interface.
          BTW ipconfig /renew wont show you the details. it will get a new IP from your DHCP host. ipconfing /all will show the info.

Comment

try copying the winipcfg.exe file from your win9x box into a your \windows\system32\ directory [XP] or \winnt\system32\ [2K]. and type

winipcfg via start run.. it should work..

Comment

What information do you really need. If it is anything besides the 3 you listed above, CLI is the fastest, easiest option. No pretty GUI, but XP figures you won't need that anyone, as you really don't, nothing really changes except the DHCP server IP. Which should change on its own around every six hours for most IP's.

Some (which I have Tech'ed for) are pieces of **** that make you sign in with a user name and logon then will bump you off if there is inactivity.

Chez

Comment

Have you tried that Digital DD? If noone has tried it by tomorrow, I will give it a shot and let you all know.

Comment

I've done it on a win2K box but not XP you need tocopy the winipcfg.exe file and a few DLLs from the win9x box to get it to work.

or you can also download the windows resource kit utility wntipcfg: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...wntipcfg-o.asp

Comment

Well, after getting that link of yours, i entered in a search for 'ipconfig xp' and it gave me this page...

And it just says that you can use the solution in your link. It also gives you the link to it. Excellent tool, IMO, command line is nice, but it is better IMO to be able to see the results of what is going as they are updated. It is too bad that MS didn't include it with every copy of XP. Anyone have any logic to why they didn't??

Comment

Working...
                    X