Why am I getting this error??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I getting this error??????

Hi guys and gals.... I recently built a low end system for my friends children to just mess around with... Intel Celeron 1ghz 128MB, 32MB video and so on...

Well all apeared to go fine durring installation, and actually it was a combo board which i purchased because of the slimmer price and specs were not a big issue... but now everytime I attempt to boot up I recieve the same error...

Checksum error - restoring defaults ... i believe thats what it is im nto at home now so not sure of exact message but it was along those lines.... The error appears at the POST screen just after its checking memory and hd etc... it says press del to enter bios or F1 to continue... the problem is that i cant do either because my keyboard will not work on it... and ive tried 3 different keyboards all of which work on my own computers... on 2 of the keyboards the power lights come on and constantly blink on and off...

If anyone has any ideas what may be causing these errors please let me know...

Is it a jumper setting error? is my ps/2 port malfunctioning?

Hey Dave,have you changed any jumper settings?There usually is a clear cmos jumper setting on motherboard,make sure it is in correct position.You said you recently built the computer,are all parts new?if not did you make sure all the parts are in good working order?Also recheck all connections Etc.Check the owner's manual for helpful info.About your keyboards not working,make sure you're using correct ps/2 port or use a usb keyboard.Hint:try eliminating potential problems by setting up your PC with only neccesary hardware,such as MAINBOARD,PROCCESSOR W\FAN,RAM,VIDEO CARD.Good luck!post back and let us know how everything turned out.

Comment

Holy shiznit... Brasco is my favourite movie.. I just got in on DVD... it's crazy... forget about it!! :shoot3:

But ya I havn't changed any settings at all... and have only connected the ram, video card, and board... hmmm all parts are straight out the box... im going to try a USB keyboard today, i dont haveone but i need a new keyboard myself anyhow so ill just grab a USB one...

hmmmm hopefully after that will work and im gunna try clearing the CMOS again.... if not than im gunna say screw it and break out the bacardi :thumb: :cheers:

Comment

How you doin?Dave.Heat is a great movie,Forget about it!You say
        all your parts are new,why not bring back the parts for warranty.I
        reproduced the same error as you when i cleared my cmos,have you tried removing the motherboard battery,wait a few minutes,put it back in and it should automatically boot to the bios.
        Btw when you have the battery out,check it with a voltmeter and make sure it still has juice.

Comment

Working...
        X