Antec True430

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec True430

I just installed a new powersupply and I have never looked very closely at my voltages before. One of the voltages conscerns me. My +3.3V is only 1.5 volts. My computer runs fine, with no problems. Can anyone tell me if I should be conscerned or not. I have no idea what the +3.3V is for. I installed an Antec True430 into my Epox 8kha+ mobo with an AMD xp 2000. Not overclocked. Any ideas?

In most cases, the 3.3v rail is actually measuring the voltage to the AGP port. 1.5v is the default voltage level of an AGP 4x video card, so there is nothing to concern yourself with. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I think you are right as usual. I found a reference to a V AGP voltage and I have checked and my agp card is a 4x. I am running a program called speed meter 4.06 and it monitors my fan rpms and voltages. I have noticed 2 other voltages that I can't verify the importance of. I have a listing for -12V and my power Supply is only putting out 1.79V and another reference to a -5V and my out put is only .33Volts. I am convinced that nothing is wrong with my computer, I am just wondering what voltages correspond to what functions and why my -12 and -5 Volts are so low. Could it be that I am not using these voltages and that these are just stray voltages and the ideal reading should be 0? Anyone out there know what these two voltages are for?

Comment

Ok, Does anyone out there know what the -12v or -5V are used for? I have checked my bios and both of these two voltages are nonexistant for the most part. My comp. runs well and stable with this powersupply. I am at a loss. I don't know if I should return this Powersupply or not. Any Ideas?

Comment

The -5v and -12v are the negative ground rails for the positive ones. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Why would they be zero?

Comment

It may just be that that software can't read the monitorin' hardware (if it's installed at all).
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

This could be true. I have tried other software as well as my Bios software. I suppose I can physically check the voltages. Has anyone out there ever done this. I have looked everywere on this site and Can't come up with a procedure to physically test the output voltages with a meter. I will simply dive in and start checking the voltages. I don't think It can hurt anything. I will let yall know.

Comment

It is the Mobo. I physically checked my voltages with my meter at the mobo connector. I get -12v and -5v. For some reason my bios and any other software I load can't read these voltages. I don't know what winbond chips do but I have read that they are on the mobo and one of there purposes is to report fan speed and temperature. If it isn't the software and it isn't the powersupply then it must be the mobo. I think that I waited too long to replace my generic powersupply, or it could have been when I ran my Volcanoe 7+ and two 80mm fans off of the mobo 12 volt header(poor judgement). Everything else works, so I will leave things alone. Thanx for your input.

Comment

Working...
                  X