No announcement yet.

help me!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can find my link on cleanin' and servicin' fans before someone else posts one then I'll be back. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have the same problem when I play UT 2K3. I can assure you there are no dust bunnies living in my machine. It's a machine that I put together not too long ago. The only thing I don't have listed below is the shameful Gforce 2 MX200. It might be the problem. I'm not sure. I'm also running Win 2K.

Bustout

Comment

Fan maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          It's a brand new Delta fan. No dust bunnies! They don't dare show up in my machine. :bounce2: :shoot2: Any other suggestions?

Bustout

Comment

[b]If I can find my link on cleanin' and servicin' fans before someone else posts one then I'll be back. ;)
            Your problem maybe just something to do with the game itself (which you should then try the gaming forums) but then maybe it just maybe that ya video card has just been found lacking. It may pay you to look at the Radeon 9000 (I have this one in my Server and runs great for a cheap video card) as these have DX 8.1 support which the MX cards totally lack in and is faster than them as well. :thumb:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

sooo.... i have to oil my fan? :confused:

Comment

It can't hurt, that's for sure.
                Consider it basic maintenance - like changing oil in your car.

Matter of fact, just last Sunday I rebooted the system and got a terrifying racket from my front intake fan. Shut down immediately, removed the fan, peeled back the sticker, pulled out the little rubber plug and applied a generous dollop of plumber's grease.

All is quiet and smooth once again:thumb:
                guess I must've been negligent to let it proceed to the point where the fan actually made racket --- sorry, my beloved PC

I prefer to use plumber's grease because it is non-petroleum based and won't deteriorate plastics over time. Petroleum-based products such as 3in1 Oil and the like will soften plastics over time.
                Plumber's grease is used to lubricate O-rings and the like when assembling faucets and such.
                It's available from any hardware (household type hardware, not computer hardware.) store for around 89 cents (US $'s) in a small squeeze tube. One tube will last for years of regular maintenance.
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

i tried opening up the computer and checking the fans, and although I didnt oil them, i'm begining to doubt that is the problem. Why? because the problem doesnt happen in half-life. Why? NOT because the game is old, because the problem happens in deus ex. so perhaps its that half life uses openGL instead of direct3d. but I've updated the drivers and switched them back to default many times.

i will post more later i have to go

Comment

oh, wait, it does happen in half life. but only when i turn all the openGL WAY up. then it happens just as much as it does in all my other games. I think theres some kind of a threshold for how hard the computer needs to work before it starts happening

I've stumped you guys, haven't I?

Comment

Aha! .. I have the same problem as the dude that originally posted this thread - and it's pretty much the reason I registerd with this forum - so I could get some help on this matter.

I am trying to play Conflict desert strike, but it just runs in slow-motion - it looks fantastic and everything runs great - but it's just slow ... like the matrix slow - it's kinda neat but, I just can't seem to get the ***** to just speed up! .. I have tried all of the settings over and over again - re-freakin formated, re-installed win xp etc...

I'm running
                      1.4ghz 1600xp athalon m/board and chip
                      nvidia geforce4 440 mx
                      256 ram

please, any good advice will be much appreciated in helping myself and other fellow users who have this arsehole problem

Comment

I fixed my issues...
                        I got me a new GeForce 4 TI 4200
                        It's sweet gaming goodness for me now!
                        WooHoo!!!!

Bustout

Comment

Working...
                        X