what does this error mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjackusa
    I don't think that is the problem, I had mentioned that in reference to all of your settings and you asked where it was. As for the memory, there are far fewer problems with 1 stick than with multiple sticks. How are you connecting to go online? Could the problem be with the nic or modem?
    HP Pavilion t720m
    Audigy ZS
    Geforce 5600 Ultra
    2x 80 GIG external drives
    Cable Modem

Comment

oooppsss.....sorry wrong button

the NIC is a realtek card, I don't think it is the nic cause the problem has happened before with another NIC card. I use cablemodem, so the ISP gives you a new card when you install it....I just got another file corrupted the localsettings/temporaryinternetfiles/content.ie5/2n6ji5ij/bdestrastuff_r4c1

For some reason my files are being corrupted. Why man. Please help!
      HP Pavilion t720m
      Audigy ZS
      Geforce 5600 Ultra
      Cable Modem

Comment

I had a similar pro a while back but whether it's the same as your's I'm not sure but download and unpack to a floppy Memtest86 then you'll have to select the floppy as your first boot device and restart with the floppy in the drive. This will flood the memory and caches with info lookin' for errors so let it run for a couple of hours and see if any errors are being reported. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          I had a similar pro a while back but whether it's the same as your's I'm not sure but download and unpack to a floppy Memtest86 then you'll have to select the floppy as your first boot device and restart with the floppy in the drive. This will flood the memory and caches with info lookin' for errors so let it run for a couple of hours and see if any errors are being reported. ;)

OK, I will try it and let you guys know what comes up...thanks m8
          HP Pavilion t720m
          Audigy ZS
          Geforce 5600 Ultra
          Cable Modem

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo

phewww!.....OK after SEVERAL hours all test were OK. No errors found. Seems like my mem is OK.

Now I noticed that I hadn't noticed before at startup, after the bios logo shows it displays a message about "IDE cable 80 not connected" I checked the cables and seem OK. Do you guys think this has to do with the problem? Should I buy 2 new IDE cables? Is there a way to test the IDE channels?....thanks again for replies and help. Tweaktown is the greatest tech website!!!
            HP Pavilion t720m
            Audigy ZS
            Geforce 5600 Ultra
            Cable Modem

Comment

Sounds like ya need to go to your local PC store and get another ATA66/100/133 IDE cable as that one is either damaged or only a 40 wire one but either way it seems to be your problem with corrupted files. ;)

Comment

Working...
              X