can't install xp on compaq 7922 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't install xp on compaq 7922 ?

I've been working on my friends computer and he wanted to upgrade to a newer os as his compaq came with win 98 . the problem that I've had is that when the xp setup is formatting it only gets to 6 or 7 % and then I get this error message " irql not equal or lesser " stopping something or other to prevent damage to your computer, then it asks me to uninstall any new hardware or software that may be causing the error and also to check in the bios to disable shadowing and somehting else . also I was only able to get in the bios 1 time . has any one had problems like this please help?:cry:

Did you try the compatability test first? :?:

The problem most likely is the BIOS though so head over to their site and see if they have a BIOS flash for that PC for XP, if not then stick with 98. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I tried the compatability test and every thing was ok there were a few incompatabilities but it was software that would not port over but I tried a clean install got the same message so the upgrade nor the clean install yeilded any different results:thumbs do

Comment

I'm guessing that you need to flash the bios. I've got 7ap195 (same family) and needed a flash for XP.

Go here:

Comment

Working...
        X