No announcement yet.

WOH!! A super hidden directory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope didn't think it would actually do anything. I'll do that I guess. Not sure if it'll actually work even if it does detect errors but I'll give it a go.

Comment

yeah run chkdisk, i think if u have tweakui or xteq theres an option to make the os run chkdisk on next boot...

it sound more like the drive is misreporting free space, this is usually fixed by scandisk/chkdisk

Comment

chkdsk didn't fix anything although I will try scandisk.

Comment

If standard chkdsk doesn't work, perhaps try chkdsk /r, it seems to fix some things that chkdsk usually cannot. (IE 0x000000E stop errors etc)
          SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
          Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

In DOS:

Format c: /q

That'll free up allllll the space you need :D

Seriously though, that's pretty jacked up. Maybe you could do a system search and specify all files larger than, say 500MB. If there's a single file that big it'll point to its location. I've had instances where MS decided it needed to stick a 1.5GB junk file in 'C:\wherever' that it didnt feel like telling me about.
            Chris "Raven"
            News Crew - TweakTown
            <!--
            <font size=1>
            <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
            - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
            </font>
            // -->
            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Have you tried Eraser? It will permanently erase all free space on your drive. It takes a while if you do your whole HD, I usually do mine about once a quarter or so. Maybe it will help............still a cool Free app though!

edit

newer version here: http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X