GPU not recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU not recognized

Hello there, i have a big problem. I bought GPU for my pc, but it is not recognized, the GPU is actually working (tested on older mobo). The mobo has x16(@x4) slot. As i read, it should work. I have even seen that x16 works in x1 slot. So, what could be the problem?
    If you need any information, just tell it, i'll answer asap.

Re: GPU not recognized

Originally posted by DogFromHome View Post
    If you need any information, just tell it, i'll answer asap.
    Please read and complete #1 in my Sig. Then we're not left guessing what you have there for a system.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Oh, sorry, I thought that I've forgot something.
      I have GA-8I945GZME-RH motherboard.
      I'm not sure if you need that CPU, but -Pentium D 820
      Here's aida64 report if you need it.

Comment

Please take the time to list out ALL your hardware. PSU and GPU are still unknowns.

An x16 card will NOT even fit in an x1 slot, let alone work.

Mixing that A-Data and Kingston ram I see. Hmm, must work for you?

Ha! HD160JJ HDDs. I still have a few of those. They're impossible to kill off. Just like the Energizer Bunny, they keep going and going. Also one of the fastest "standard' SATAII HDDs at the time.

Anyways, list out ALL your hardware please.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

So, I have FSP SAGA II 500W PSU. You already know ram,cpu,hdd. Nvidia gt620 gpu.
          If you carefully drill that x1 wall, you can fit x16 card. Linus showed everything.

Comment

Umm... anything?

Comment

Are you uninstalling the on-board Intel GMA graphics driver prior to inserting this card?

There's nothing in the manual that refers to any BIOS toggle from IGP to PCI(e) card output. The manual only mentions uninstalling the GMA video drivers before inserting a PCI(e) video card.

Comment

That doesn't explain anything at all, it doesn't modify motherboard at all. It should, at least, show that the card is there, existing, plugged in.
                Isn't that uninstall for xp only?
                I'm using win7 ultimate.

My previous pc(which i am using now) is working properly with the card, didn't need to uninstall anything before installing the GPU
                Last edited by DogFromHome; 11-29-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DogFromHome View Post
                  That doesn't explain anything at all, it doesn't modify motherboard at all. It should, at least, show that the card is there, existing, plugged in.
                  Isn't that uninstall for xp only?
                  I'm using win7 ultimate.

My previous pc(which i am using now) is working properly with the card, didn't need to uninstall anything before installing the GPU
                  Well, I'm not in an arguing mood. If you can't simply follow along with suggestions, then I'm done trying to help.

Your MB's online manual, which I spent over an hour of MY time reading in trying to help you here, clearly states to uninstall the GMA drivers on page 16 sec 1.5.1 "When using an add-on graphics card, please first delete the onboard graphics driver before installing the driver for the add-on graphics card."

If that doesn't explain anything at all to you, it does me anyways, then with that I'll take my leave. I wish you the best of luck.

ps: please do not PM me again urging my help. I try my damndest to help others in this forum. If folks refuse to follow along, that falls on them. Not me. I have better things I can spend time at then butt my head with the stubbornness of others.

Comment

Working...
                  X