Reboot Problems Are Crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot Problems Are Crazy!!!

Hey guys...my PC keeps on getting random reboots over nothing...Games...AOL Downloads...bull****...i just bought a 480watt psu like a week ago from a 300watt...now im lookin at sisoft sandra at the psu volts...tell me if this is ok...

CPU Core Voltage - 1.78V

+3.3V - 3.46V

+5V - 4.89V

+12V - 11.61V

-12V - -7.34V

-5V - .33V

+5V Standby Voltage - 4.92V

Battery Voltage - 3.12V

Tell me if this is ok...and if not is there a way to fix this...peace

Those negative voltages don't look to good there. Those values should be close -5 & -12 volts. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

It's AOL im telling ya. AOL is the devil, may it burn in hell...

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        Those negative voltages don't look to good there. Those values should be close -5 & -12 volts. :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>
        How do i fix it...i hope its not another PSU

I just bought an Antec TrueBlue 480Watt

Comment

Have you been having this problem since you changed out the PSU? It could very well be the PSU in that case. Cause there could be a problem somewhere and its either shorting out something or drawing to much power which can probably lead to a short out somewhere.

Comment

definitely check for any bad wiring/connection problems.
            Those - figures do look awful, as Wiggo stated. Unless something is apparent in the wiring harness (and easily fixable by you) I'd be taking that rascal back where I bought it quick, fast & in a hurry.

X amount of any man-made product is going to be faulty -- It's simply the law af averages. Looks like you may have gotten the 1in1000 that is busted.

AOL is the devil incarnate (or is it their subscribers - I forget) but I seriously doubt they are causing this difficulty.

If that new PSU was an upgrade (as in, the old 1 still was functional) put the old 1 in and see if the problem disappears. Offhand, I'm betting it will.

Good luck!
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
              Have you been having this problem since you changed out the PSU? It could very well be the PSU in that case. Cause there could be a problem somewhere and its either shorting out something or drawing to much power which can probably lead to a short out somewhere.
              Well when i had my 300 watt...i wouldget reboots and i could see my neons flickering...but after i put this one there is no flickering...and my CPU temps are below restart level....but i get reboots like if im changing tracks in winamp too fast or aol freezez it reboots...or when a game is on it freezez and reboots...lately its been getting bad...but today its ok...is there anything i can do about the psu volts ...like how to raise them...thanks

Comment

I just checked my BIOS...and this is what it read

VCORE - 1.79v
                VIO - 3.45v
                +5v - 4.89v
                +12v - 11.67v
                AGP - 1.47v
                DDR - 2.56v
                5VSB - 4.94v
                VBAT - 3.12v

Can the problem also come from where the PSU is plugged into (a wall socket is bad or whatsoever)??

Comment

No usually when the wall socket has the problem it'll lead to something not being powered up at all. Either that or blowing the appliance into the next world kind of thing. This is definitly a PSU issue cause you didn't change any other ahrdware like mobo right? You can still try and exchange the PSU right?

Comment

No usually when the wall socket has the problem it'll lead to something not being powered up at all. Either that or blowing the appliance into the next world kind of thing. This is definitly a PSU issue cause you didn't change any other ahrdware like mobo right? You can still try and exchange the PSU right?
                    I think im stuck with the PSU...damnit...nah i added a USB 2.0 card like a week ago...thats about it...could it be an IRQ problem that is messing with the power..??

Comment

Ok i just put in my old 300 watt psu...and this is what Sisoft Sandra reads in the mainboard info button

CPU ...... 1.78v
                      +3.3v ....... 3.46v
                      +5v ....... 4.89v
                      +12v ......... 11.73v
                      -12v ....... -7.34v
                      -5v ....... 0.33v no minus sign

+5v Standby Voltage ........ 4.87v

Battery Voltage ......... 3.12v

Comment

Usually periphal cards don't take much power. Unless its something like a video card. Usually its the disk drives that take the power. Because the mobo is suppling power to that PCI slot whether it is used or not is your choice.

The numbers since the old power supply went it are very similar. However have the problems ciezed?

Comment

Usually periphal cards don't take much power. Unless its something like a video card. Usually its the disk drives that take the power. Because the mobo is suppling power to that PCI slot whether it is used or not is your choice.

The numbers since the old power supply went it are very similar. However have the problems ciezed?
                          I havent stressed it...yet...but im sure it would happen.....so far today its been ok

I do alot of Winrar Extractions...downloads...games...so my CPU is at 50 and above percantage

Comment

well..you could always say that it is now definitly your old power supply but you did say that it was ok today even with that new one in there.

Did you purchase the PSU locally or online?

Comment

well..you could always say that it is now definitly your old power supply but you did say that it was ok today even with that new one in there.

Did you purchase the PSU locally or online?
                              Online from newegg.com
                              but i lost the paper/reciete (maybe misspelled)

Comment

Working...
                              X