No announcement yet.

I think my pc is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a same prob.. With a Intel 1Ghz cOmp.. But i belive it's a PSU prob maybe.. The Video card doesn't get started up when you turn the system on. the Monitors shows that it's working.. But it says the cable isn't plugged in.. and that's a load of BS.. but after restarting it a thousand times.. it might work.

Comment

I opened that dead cd writer to get the cd out that had been stuck inside. Was a ***** to open. I managed to put it all back together and I thought i'd try the drive again to see if by a miracle it'd work again. And it does :\ powers up fine now. lol

And after I went and bought a new cd writer. Ah well the new one is a nice 40 speed writer with buffer underrun protection.

Comment

I had that same problem with a few older motherboards that i found in the garbage. I think that i narrowed it down to a bad ground. I found out that the same thing would happen No Video signal but fan on the power supply still was running it just wouldn't start. After fiddiling with it for a while found out that my Motherboard would run if it was laying out side of the case but not in it so i insulated the screw holes so the mother board did not acutualy touch the case it's self and i had not had the problem since.

:afro:

Comment

Working...
        X