HDD not recognized in LCD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD not recognized in LCD.

I've posted this issue in other forums and I'm hoping for a little bit of luck here:

The external HDD is a STBV3000100 3TB NTFS. When I insert the HDD to the USB connection I get "Problem on the USB device. Please check USB." on the LCDTV (LG42LH50) screen. Originally I wasn't able to play any media but after partitioning it I was able to play some media. I noticed that very large mkv files weren't able to play even though when I placed these same files on 8GB drives they were able to play perfectly. So I decided to partition it into 2 partitions using MiniTool Partition Wizard: the first being 1550.9 GB and the second one being 1243.6 GB. All media files are located in the second partition and the first partition contains backups. Currently the first partition is viewable and not the second. I ran CHKDSK and there are no problems.

In summation, no matter what I do I always get that error message when I plug it in but I am able to view videos via "My Media" function of the LCD. Some very large (over 1GB) mkv files are not viewable and some folders crash. Note: the manual states that file alignment is similar to Windows XP.
    Last edited by Rubicon1138; 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM.

Re: HDD not recognized in LCD.

It seems to be working now since I formatted the partition containing media. It continues to display the "Problem on the USB device. Please check USB." error message and the second partition still doesn't appear. Overall It seems to work.

Comment

Working...
    X