Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newly assembled pc will start but does not show bios on display. Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newly assembled pc will start but does not show bios on display. Help please!

heej guys

i'm having a little problem with my newly build pc.
    bios does not show up when on the computer.
    have installed everything correct i believe.
    the dr debug light on my ''Asrock x79 extreme4'' shows the code ''AF'' which i think stands for ''Exit Boot Services event''.
    i'm hoping that someone on this forum can help me get my computer up and running.

i would greatly appreciate that.

specs of my pc
    i7 3820
    asrock x79 extreme4
    ocz 250gb ssd
    patriot sector 5 ddr3 1600mhz 8gb (2x4GB)
    coolermaster 700watt psu
    ati radeon hd 4780x2 graphics card
    sony dvd burner. slot load.
    case: nzxt switch 810 black
    cpu water cooler: corsair H100

thanks,
    Sebastiaan.

Re: newly assembled pc will start but does not show bios on display. Help please!

Found this on New Egg

Looks like you might need a new BIOS version: (check your serial# like the quoted post suggests, if yours is lower than 1C - you will need to contact ASRock)

Pros: No complaints, working fine now. USB fast charger is nice.
    Cons: Beware to i7-3820 users!

When you order see if Newegg can get you a board that has a serial number starting with at least '1C' if not and you will find you cannot boot because your BIOS doesnt support this new chip, you need a board with at least versoin 1.2 or greater.

Mine shipped with 1.1 and I couldn't boot until I got a new BIOS chip from ASRock
    Other Thoughts: The BIOS issue is handled very quickly via ASRock tech support. I spoke with a tech on the phone and he confirmed my serial/BIOS version and overnightted me a new BIOS chip that would allow me to boot with the new i7-3820
    If you have access to another chip (I am not too familiar with intel chips right now, but maybe an i5 or i3 sandybridge will work) - you may be able to update the BIOS yourself.
    Last edited by FJEFF; 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Re: newly assembled pc will start but does not show bios on display. Help please!

if thats the case its easier/quicker to pull out the bios chip and either have it flashed to the latest bios or buy a pre flashed bios with latest version of bios on it,plenty on ebay

BIOS CHIP ASROCK 985GM-GS3 FX, Z68 PRO3 GEN3, 970 EXTREME4, X79 EXTREME 9 | eBay
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X