Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Problems with OS Instal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Problems with OS Instal

I cannot get my HDD to load Windows XP, have tried every configuration but it will not go to the Windows options menu for me to select pro-corp version. Know that that HDD works it will boot into old Windows that was installed from prior motherboard. Shows RAM in Bio's no post-beep, It will blue screen and restart after it completes the cycle and thus driving me insane im thinking im going to RMA to motherboard and get another brand. I also need to upgrade my 430 Thermaltake to a 500watt or more, i have only one of the 4 pin 12V connections out of the eight, it should boot with my 4400+ Brisbane 2.3 Athlon X2. I'm to frustrated tonight to deal with it or look at it till morning any input would be immensely helpful thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Problems with OS Instal

The PSU should be ok I think, but it is a bit small.

Are you trying to do a clean XP install? What do you have the BIOS set to, and is this a SATA disk drive? If so what port (Color and #) do you have the drive connected to?

Comment

I had it working great yesterday and then all of a sudden it stoped booting grr.. luckily this morning its booting and it looks like im reinstalling again lol not going to install onboard video driver to reduce instability. But thanks for the help, and suggestions on overclocking?

Comment

So why the reinstall? Just asking because if you got a NTLDR or missing boot disk it may just be you needed to move your hard drive to the top of the list in the "hard disk boot priority" in the advanced BIOS page.

Let us know if you need anymore help, good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X