Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turned dvd player to cd player

Hey guys,

Got a 40x burner (liteon) and a 16x dvd player (the liteon 163d).

Here's the problem. I just built a new system for which the drives are intended for. Everything went great. XP recognized the burner as a burner and the dvd player as a dvd player. I than updated the firmware for the burner, and everything went great. I than went to upgrade the dvd player and hit a wall. I ran the file and i quickly skimmed what it said and hit enter ( or maybe it was "y".....whatever it said to do), not even realizing it said it had to be in pure DOS mode. It than gave me an error and shut down the DOS window. Now xp will only see it as a CD drive and not a DVD drive! Did I kill this DVD player??? Can I just upgrade the firmware in DOS to fix this problem? I tried un-installing the driver and restarted the computer. XP recognized the device as a liteon163d dvd player but it still lists it as a CD player under My Computer. How would I go about booting into pure DOS mode in XP, or how can I just fix this problem!!! Thanks guys

:cheers:

Get an old boot disk to get into a real DOS mode.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

You haven't killed the dvd player. Have you tried to play a dvd in it? What does your device manager list it as?

Comment

Originally posted by new builder
        Hey guys,

How would I go about booting into pure DOS mode in XP, or how can I just fix this problem
        In XP go to the "Start" menu and click on "My Computer". Stick a good floppy disk in the drive, then right click on the floppy icon and choose format. When the prompt comes up, click the "make MS-DOS disk" option.

Comment

Working...
        X