Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a good Heatsink/fan that doesnt clash with my setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good Heatsink/fan that doesnt clash with my setup!

Greetings Gentlemen!

I recently purchased the ASUS crosshair 4 formula motherboard and a few other components (case, heatsink and cpu) however to my dismay one the heat sink I purchased was physically clashing with my RAM and could not be put in.

The heat sink/fan is the Zalman CNPS10X-extreme. It can only face up/down and the sides of the heatsinc itself physically clash with both RAM slots A1 and B1.

My RAM is Corsair Dominator GT 2000 (the ones with the heatsink), Even in the second ram slot it conflicts. I have even tried removing the heatsink on the top and it still didnt work.

I plan to return the heatsink/fan and exchange for another.

Could I please grab some suggestions from this wealthy pool of knowledge! I'm looking for something that has good cooling and high compatibility with the above. A few suggestions would be ideal as I might not be able to get just the one (live in aus)

FYI the case is an antec 1200.

Thanks guys!<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->

Re: Need a good Heatsink/fan that doesnt clash with my setup!

I'm currently using a Tuniq tower 120 extreme. It works excellent and all my ram slots are usable ( I have a Asrock 890FX MB). It's BIG though....155mm tall. I have it in a HAF X.

Comment

Working...
    X