MSI KT3 ARUL-Won't reboot out of BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI KT3 ARUL-Won't reboot out of BIOS

PLEASE HELP! Building new computer with below...

AMD 2100+
    GeForce 4 4200ti
    Maxtor 60GB HD
    PC2700 mem
    MSI KT3 mb
    Case w/420W Power supply

Heres my problem. After turning comp on it comes up to the bios screen. I go into bios and make or don't make changes, when I save and exit the computer locks and signal to monitor is gone(black screen). I have tried a completely new mobo and processor at MSI's request, no luck. Now they are saying the problem is the memory and I need to replace. All items are brand new. The only way I can even get the computer to respond after this is to turn it off and reset the CMOS. I have tried another HD with Win98, no luck. I can't even get the point of loading Windows XP. Anybody have any ideas? Same problem? Pls advise, I'm tired of driving back and forth to the store.

Well, you should have tried different memory before anything else... and you should try that now.

IF you have a different video card laying around, however, try popping it in quick. If you still have the same problem, then its the memory :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Yeah, I'm fairly new at this. I just got back with 512K of Corsair memory. A guy at the store said he had similar prob and the Corsair solved it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I was taking the advice of MSI but now I know to start with mem first. Thanks for response

Comment

Yeah, It worked like a charm. Boots up great and I'm almost ready to play some Morrowind. FYI, don't buy cheap RAM! From now on, nothing but the best RAM will do. If anyone else is having my problem, definetely go buy a stick of Corsair!

Comment

:thumb: :thumb: Glad to hear it worked...

Btw, what brand ram were you using previously??

Comment

It was Mushkin. From what I know it's not bad ram but I've heard the Corsair is best.

Comment

No, thats not bad ram at all, in fact I bet they will refund your money...

Comment

Working...
              X