My system is a tad warm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My system is a tad warm...

Hi. So, I was looking at the system temperatures with speedfan, and I noticed this:

I thought "DAMN! That's way too hot!". Anyway today, hoping it was dust, I grabbed a minihoover and cleaned it up a little. There didn't seem to be that much dust, really, but it seems I made quite an impression. These were the temperatures I got afterwards:

The issue is that now, barely 21 minutes after booting I'm hitting the same temperatures as before.

Are these temperatures actually too high?

I think the onboard sensor may be broken because the CPU seems to be at -58C, which doesn't make a lick of sense.
    But speedfan is also reporting that all of my fans are at 0 RPM, when I can clearly feel air coming out of the side and back, where the fans are.

I'm also sure that the heatsinks on the northbridge and southbridge are mounted properly. I couldn't see a way of taking them off, so I haven't checked the thermal paste.

Do you think there is any cause for concern? I was thinking of buying some compressed air.
    Current system:
    - Intel Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz) (7x multi, roughly 340MHz FSB)
    - Intel DG45ID Motherboard (stupid locked BIOS >:( )
    - 6 GB DDR2 RAM (667MHz)
    - PNY GeForce 9500GT (750MHz Core clock, 1900MHz Shader clock, 500MHz Memory clock)
    -585GB SATA HDD (7200RPM)

Re: My system is a tad warm...

The temperatures are not at a point where I would be terribly worried, but if you are concerned then work on your case airflow. As to your method of temperature monitoring, keep in mind that the little thermistors built into the motherboard and chipsets are notorious for being inaccurate. Thermal probes are the only way to be certain your system is running too hot.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: My system is a tad warm...

Originally posted by Darthtanion View Post
      The temperatures are not at a point where I would be terribly worried, but if you are concerned then work on your case airflow. As to your method of temperature monitoring, keep in mind that the little thermistors built into the motherboard and chipsets are notorious for being inaccurate. Thermal probes are the only way to be certain your system is running too hot.
      Ok, thanks. I have a fairly strong feeling my sensors are garbled - otherwise I may aswell stick my CPU on my northbridge and use that.
      Current system:
      - Intel Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz) (7x multi, roughly 340MHz FSB)
      - Intel DG45ID Motherboard (stupid locked BIOS >:( )
      - 6 GB DDR2 RAM (667MHz)
      - PNY GeForce 9500GT (750MHz Core clock, 1900MHz Shader clock, 500MHz Memory clock)
      -585GB SATA HDD (7200RPM)

Comment

Working...
      X