12v and 5v power too low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v and 5v power too low?

i just recently installed a hardware monitor that came with my motherboard and it keeps warning me that my 12v and 5v are too low, they are currently at 12V: 6.78 and 5V: 4.02 and they are always like that, my computer still runs fine, is that a problem that needs to be fixed or is it ok?

It's probably either bad software or faulty hardware and if the PC is runnin' ok then just ignore it. You could also try Motherboard Monitor and see what it says (instructions on configuring on website). :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

what type of system are you running? and what wattage PSU?
      Athlons draw pretty heavy across those rails.

Comment

well i looked more into it and it turnes out the program was crap even thou it came with my mobo drivers, i noticed later on when i told it to monitor cpu fan rpms that it say 79218rpm thats a bit high huh, well i went into my cmos to look at power management stuff and it turns out the 12v is actually 12.098 and the five is at 4.901 so thanks for the help and i tried that mother board moniter also and that doesnt work for me either

Comment

if u go in ur BIOS it should tell u the real temps/fan speeds and voltages and u know its real as BIOS does not lie in 99% of cases i mean there could be errors / virus but thats about it

Comment

Working...
          X