Geforce4 ti 4600 WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce4 ti 4600 WTF?

Just baught a Geforce4 Ti 4600, around 400 dollars just so you know, Its a PNY Verto TI 4600. OK Well...i put it in, follow all the directions. It loads into safe mode, i delete old drivers. Reboot, install drivers (latest nvidia) and reboot. It boots to the win98 loading screen and the screen goes wierd colors. And reboots. Thats how it is all the time.... so..i call the PNy company, they say did u try this...and this..or this..i say yes ive done that and yes thats set. So then he says well then you need to change your AGp to 16.5W..and im like..wtf? And hes like yea......so i hang up and call the motherboard company. TYAN s2266 (pentium 4 socket 478) they tell me theyv never heard of it...so i call back to PNy and they say the same thing......set the AGP to 16.5 in your BIOS...tyan motherboard is auto detect..so what the hell?

First question:
    HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS?

Second question:
    WHats a good Motherboard for Intel P4 1.7 ghz , 1024 ddr ram , USB 2.0 support, and support for the GEFORCE 4 TI 4600 ???
    AND WITHOUT AUDIO AND LAN? ANYONE HAVE A WEBSITE THAT SELLS THAT??

ive been looking and first off i cant find what the hell the guy was talking about...second i cant find a motherboard that says it def works with geforce4....???

I've seen similar probs when that was done with earlier GF's just tipping the PSU over the edge though see if you can try it in another system to see if it still does the same thing. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yea, i put it into another system. A dell dimension 4400 with a 1.6 pentium and 512 sdram. Worked fine, but it was running Win XP Pro.

U think maybe the drivers are messed up for the win 98 se version?

Also when i try install win xp on the same comp that i couldnt get it to work with, in the setup there is an error, and the error is either "Memory_Management" or irql_is_or_not_equal" somthing like that...have u ever heard of such a thing?

U think i need a new mobo?

IF so which kind for the specs i have? (their listed above)

Comment

PSU is power supply?

Well if it is... i baught a special 500 watt power supply for the computer....and it does the same thing as it did with the 300 watt power supply i had in before...same thing..no change..

Comment

Well, If you have onboard sound and lan, then you probably bought a compaq or an HP? In that case, the mobo certainly could be the culprit... What brand/model is it?

Comment

Mobo is a TYAN S2266..it is a pretty decent mobo, or so it is supposed to be..i think

other specs are: p4 1.7
            1024 ddr ram
            sound blaster live
            previous card: Inno3d geforce3
            3 80 gig hds
            dvd-rw
            no onboard lan or sound

Comment

the PNy company keeps telling met o change the VOltage of the MOBo agp slot to 16.5...what the hell is 16.5? noone has ever heard of it..and over 4 peoople at PNY have told me to do this....

Comment

did you figure out a solution yet?

Comment

To the best of my knowledge the BIOS settings don't support the voltage requirement of the video card?
                  I think your only option is to get a more up to date motherboard.
                  The TYAN 2266 is a solid board but the latest advancements in video are a bit to much for it's capabilities.

Sadly if you must have the geForce 4, it would appear that most likely you must lay the Trinity 510 to rest.

The Video Compatilbility List shows little for the geForce 4 video cards, and nothing for the Win 98 OS.

I hope you find a board that suits your needs. I love the TYAN products for their stability, not the greatest performers available, but they are extremely stable generally.
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

thanx for replying ...hehe... so what mobo do you think i should get? cus i still need to buy one...for the system that i have listed in the first post.... can u give me a name of a mobo to buy?

thanx alot....

Comment

It should always be your decision and you decision alone...but ABit, Asus are pretty good ones...Abit isn't too pricey..i never used an epox but obviously many people in this forum besides me have...and say good things about them...especially when it comes to O'Cing. Anyways ...that is what i can recoomend and what i have used. :thumb:
                      - Damien

Comment

Working...
                      X