Still... Random restarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still... Random restarts

I replaced my PSU with the OCZ Modstream 520 watt and 100 bucks later Im still getting the same random restart issue. I guess it wasn't the psu at all.

I just turned off the restart on failure option so Im waiting to see what kind of error I get. Until then, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

My specs:
    AMD Athalon 64 3700+San Diego
    ASRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1697 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    EVGA Geforce 6800 GS PCI_E factory OC to 490mhz
    OCZ Modstream 520 watt
    DVD player, CD WRiter, Zip drive, Floppy drive, and usb card reader are all connected
    2 gig Gskill ram.

Re: Still... Random restarts

It seems that your PSU should suffice if its working properly. I'd test your system Ram, make sure you don't have a hardware heat issue, Check your bios settings, don't overclock for now, update your drivers, turn off everything you have running in the background of your O.S., try turning off sound acceleration in direct X, make sure all the DX features are disabled under the display options, maybe even go as far as remounting your mainboard incase you have something touching something else that shouldn't be. Deffinitly check your event veiwer and Google serach the error message you get when the system restarted. Thats just a few things I can think of off the top of my head that would cuase restarts, for now I'd start there and try to elliminate the things that don't cost money.

Comment

Did you run error-checking for your hard drive. I had the same problem once random shut downs even after i switched out all of the components. It turned out that I had shut off the automatic error-checking that runs durning restart for some reason and did too many hard shut downs in a row. After I ran it everything worked fine. Hope this helps.

Comment

What os and version are you using?
        athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
        tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
        asus a7n8xe-dlx
        thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
        bfg 6800gt
        seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
        samsung dvdrw
        2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
        logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
        2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
        creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
        mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
        DFI infinity nf4 ultra
        thermaltake tsunami dream -black
        seagate sataII 500gb
        evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
        samsung sata dvd-rw
        2x1024 ocz black
        logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
        ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Im running Window XP pro. I have turned off the restart feature and haven't had an error yet, but I just moved so I havent been on my computer much. If I get the problem again, I will check the hard drive. I just going to try one solution at a time so I can be sure what finally fixes it.

Comment

Working...
          X