Weird computer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird computer problem

I just bought a brand new MSI 865PE NEO-2 Platinum edition and a intel p4 3ghz 800mhzfsb 1mb of cache

The thing is... once in a while my pc just keeps rebooting for no reason, and when i play games it sometimes takes like 5 minutes and it reboots. I tried removing the cover of my comp and put an extra fan and my CPU is at 50 degrees celcius when i play games, with the extra fan...

The weird thing is, I get some kind of blue screen of the death when it happens... could this be an overheating problem? anyone know

Re: Weird computer problem

If you are getting a BSOD, then you should have some sort of error written on it. Write that down and let us know what it says and we can help a bit more. While 50C is hotter than I like my systems to run, it should not be high enough to cause forced reboots unless you have some sort of temperature shutdown device (or system BIOS) set to that level.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

the thing is, i really can't know what the message says because first i can't predict when the crash will happen and second, when it does reboot, the BOTD only appens for like 0.1 seconds and i can't pause it so i can't really know the message

the only think I THINK i read was please contact your vendor but i ain't sure

and when im not playing games, with the case open the cpu is 35 degrees and case at 34
      Last edited by earth4x; 11-03-2004, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I just booted my pc and came accross 6 microsoft windows error report saying windows crashed... i have 6 .dmp files and don't know how to decrypt them to see what they say althought i did pick this up from the error report

BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 817DBDA8 BCP2 : 81AAE878 BCP3 : 81549B68
        BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

in the event viewer i have
        Error code 10000050, parameter1 80d4008c, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bfa1c689, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Error code 100000ea, parameter1 815697e0, parameter2 8191a080, parameter3 81403510, parameter4 00000001.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000004, parameter2 8163e08e, parameter3 ba817958, parameter4 00000000.

The server {F3A614DC-ABE0-11D2-A441-00C04F795683} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by earth4x
          The thing is... once in a while my pc just keeps rebooting for no reason, and when i play games it sometimes takes like 5 minutes and it reboots. I tried removing the cover of my comp and put an extra fan and my CPU is at 50 degrees celcius when i play games, with the extra fan...
          Strange, i used to have the same problem, a blue screen would appear like 1 nanosecond and then the computer reboots, generally it happened while i was playing games, i never really discovered what triggered the problem, but i can assure you it's not realted with temperature and/or processor since i have now a new motherboard that uses the same processor and it runs 10 degress hotter than before and that problem hasn't happened again.

Comment

well i have a radeon 9600XT 128mb brand new 3 months old and never had any problems with it before changing boards... and It doesn't only happen in games but it mostly does it in games although it crashed while running msn once... and alot of times just on IE

Comment

When you changed the mainboard did you do a fresh install of Windows or did you just use the old installation?

Comment

I have almost the same board and have had system restarts in the past playing games but I usually figure them out sooner or later. Things I suggest to try individually to see if it helps.
                (1). Update the bios and drivers to your mainboard and hardware. Make sure all bios settings are set correctly for your hardware. Don't overclock until you find the problem!
                (2). Try turning your sound accelleration off in directx using the dxdiag tool. This one solved my most recent system restarts while playing certain games.
                (3). Is you PSU (Power Supply unit) up to snuff? (Stable or not?)
                (4). Test your system Ram.
                (5). Reformat harddrive.

Comment

Strange i got a similar error. It has never done this while handling simple tasks such as media player, word, web surfing, and chatting, but when i start to play games the graphics are great but then it rooboots in about 5 minutes. When this happens I start to smell a strange aroma. It smells like metal or something. I think i may need a new psu? Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X