Voltage settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage settings?

What should my voltage\speed setting be set at for 1gb of 3500 speed DDR Ram, P4 3GHZ 800 CPU, and an ATI 9800 video card on a MSI Neo2 FISR board?

Right now I'm at 2.6 volts for the Ram, 200mhz for the CPU, and I think it was 1.5 volts for the video card.

Re: Voltage settings?

Leave them at the automatic settings. If you overclock the CPU and RAM, you may need to increase voltage; otherwise, don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      Leave them at the automatic settings. If you overclock the CPU and RAM, you may need to increase voltage; otherwise, don't.

I'm getting P.C. restarts on a couple of games. GTA Vice city, and Simpsons Hit & Run. My kid loves these two games and I've tried everything from PSU, CPU, RAM, Bios, Windows format, and video driver change or update and I can't pinpoint the problem and I'm not getting any red flags from the event veiwer in WinXP either. I seen a post from a long time back where someone had a somewhat simialar problem and they upped their Ram voltage settings to solve the problem and thought something like this might work for me. I thought it was my bios update that cuased the problems since this system use to run these game fine but I flashed it back to the old bios version and found these two game still do the same thing after awhile. The only other thing I've change since was The PSU. My Soyo 400 watt PSU seemed to become unstable and I replaced it with an Antec 430 watt True power PSU.

I don't have anything overclocked and everything else seems to run good, even big graphic hogging games like Farcry, BF Vietnam, Call Of Duty, and Starwars Battlefront just to name a few but the two GTA style games reset the system after just a few minutes of play.

Comment

Antec PSUs are currently incompatible with socket 939 system. Replace it entirely. A Thermaltake 480W ought to do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob
          What should my voltage\speed setting be set at for 1gb of 3500 speed DDR Ram, P4 3GHZ 800 CPU, and an ATI 9800 video card on a MSI Neo2 FISR board?

Right now I'm at 2.6 volts for the Ram, 200mhz for the CPU, and I think it was 1.5 volts for the video card.
          Set your memory voltage to 2.7-2.8v, do not change the voltage for the video but for the CPU stay below 1.7v.
          Antec PSUs are currently incompatible with socket 939 system. Replace it entirely. A Thermaltake 480W ought to do the trick.
          What this has to do with this thread is anyone's idea.

Comment

I don't think mine is a socket 939 system, It's a Socket 478 system with this Mainboard (MSI "Neo2-PFISR " i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU) from Newegg .
            It has a P4 3GHZ 800FBS CPU in it, I think its a P4c class CPU if I remember right.
            I have one more Antec PSU of the same model, maybe I'll put that in on Sunday when I get back from work, just to make sure there is not something wrong with the one that is in there now, this one worked fine in one of my other systems though but I know PSU's can be touchy things.

Wayout44, thanks for the voltage setting but something is still making those 2 games and only those 2 games that I know of restart the system. I'm stumped.
            Last edited by Spongebob; 10-15-2004, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
              What this has to do with this thread is anyone's idea.
              Yep. Got it confused wit the K8N Neo2 Platinum.

Comment

Yep. Got it confused wit the K8N Neo2 Platinum.
                Now how could you get it confused especially when a P4 was mentioned before the mainboard was?

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                  Now how could you get it confused especially when a P4 was mentioned before the mainboard was?
                  Force of habit... Just how many times have I recommended the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum in recent history?

Comment

Damn, I changed PSU and it did'nt help. I changed video cards and it didn't help. I changed Ram and that didn't help either.

That leaves either my CPU or Mainboard as the only other possible causes. Anybody have some ideas?

UPDATE: I had to turn down my sound accelleration in Win XP to solve the problem.
                    Last edited by Spongebob; 10-23-2004, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X