Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Major Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Major Problem

I put my Audigy 2 card in my computer, i restarted buy my computer didnt detect any new hardware, so i manually searched for it and yet no success. I installed drivers but it said i did not have the card in my computer. I have tried different PCI slots and some one has todl me to disable my onboard sound card. Now, i disabled it in device hardware, but i dont know what to do in my bios. Can someone tell me why i cannot get my computer to recognize my card?

Re: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Major Problem

First off, it is hard to tell you where to look in the BIOS when you don't tell us what motherboard we're dealing with.

But that aside, check out the motherboard manual. If you don't have it on hand, you can generally download it from the manufacturer's website for free. In there you should find enough information about the system CMOS to be able to find the location of the setting. Usually it will be found in a section dealing with onboard functions, but different boards have different section labels. Once it is disabled in BIOS, you'll need to double check to make sure it is removed from Hardware Manager under Control Panel-->System. From there your machine ought to recognize the add-on SB board.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X