mutiple beeping noises and screen stays black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mutiple beeping noises and screen stays black

Ok i got this problem with this new ram i bought from frys. Whenever i install both sticks of ram into my board and turn my computer on it makes mutiple long beeping noises and the screen stays black. The beeps will continue unless you turn it off.

Now the type of ram i bought is a duel channel kit of 2 twin sticks of pc 3200 512 ram (1 gig in total). I tried putting this ram into another compter in my house and it works fine. What could be the problem with mine??

The type of board that mine uses is a intel 845. Any help?

Re: mutiple beeping noises and screen stays black

Since the system works fine with the old memory and you know the modules are good after testing them in another system, you probably have some sort of incompatibility issue to address. First off, dig out the mainboard manual and make sure it supports the 512MB modules. Then see if there is a special set of the slots you need to use for them to work (this was common on some of the older motherboards). If this doesn't work or doesn't give you the answer to your problem, then shoot a message off to the mainboard manufacturer and see if they are aware of any compatibility issues between your brand of memory and the motherboard you own.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Prolly one of your stick is dead. My computer does the saem thing to one of the three Centon Pc2700 I have.

Comment

The new memory may require a higher voltage than normal to work with also.

Comment

Working...
        X