Clear All

• Big problem, need assistance greatly

System Specs:
    P4 3.0
    Geforce FX 5900
    1gb ram
    ASUS P4P800 motherboard
    160gb SATA HD

My intentions were to flash the bios so I could OC my 5900.

Problem: I turn on my computer, nothing displays on the screen, no start up displays/ beeps/ error messages. I guess the computer isnt performing POST. Just black. The computer basically wont boot, I cant enter the bios or do anything. The computer does in fact turn on though so its recieving power.

Causes (Maybe): When I was flashing my bios, i think i may have shut down the computer in the process of the flashing, but I wasnt ready to flash it so im not sure if I even started that process because it kind of caught me by suprise.

Heres what I checked: Monitor cable is securely plugged into the video card. The power cord is plugged into the power supply and everything turns on no problem. I was using default BIOS setting before this problem, so nothing was overclocked.

I tried putting in the ASUS support cd when I turn on my computer to recover the bios. The cd-rom does not boot and I dont have a copied image of my bios on a floppy :(

Please if you know what can be done to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.........

help please

Comment

Why did you try and flash your mainboard BIOS to try and overclock your video card when if anything you should have flashed the video card's BIOS? :confused:
      Install a PCI video card (maybe a friend has one if you don't) and see if that will get you thru but whenever you're flashing a BIOS you must follow the directions to the letter.

Comment

You chicken'd out didn't you? Flashing your bios is something I highly recomend because you get fixes and patches along with possible increased functionallity, but you have to do this exactly as your mobo manufacturer tells you. I'm afraid that turning your system off after starting the flashing procedure may have done in your mobo for good and it's at St. Peter's Gate now trying to get in. I did this to a Dell system I had 5 years ago and the American Dell tech said, "I don't think I heard you right because if you said you flashed your bios in the manner you did, you would be responsible for a new mobo. Did you say that, or did you say that it just suddenly died, because if it suddenly died, I'll send you a new one." 1 week later I installed my first mobo (paid for by Dell)and realized that my next computer will be built with my own hands. (A bit ironic, don't you think?)

Comment

If you started to flash your BIOS and cut out part way through, your motherboard is pretty much useless. Replacing the BIOS would be incredibly difficult, and not worth the time or money. Time for another motherboard.

Comment

Working...
          X