Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexplained Lockups?

Well,

Starting yesterday morning, one of my systems just started locking up out of the blue.

Its a 1Ghz Celeron
    256MB Ram
    Windows XP SP1
    20Gig HDD
    ASUS P3B-F Mobo

Yesterday Morning i thought i had a virus because somtime the system would start and other times it would start to load xp and then just repeatedly reboot itself. Or when it booted it would work fine for 1-2mins then lock up and only way out was reset or power down.

I finally decided to reformat there was nothing really of importance on there taht i need to get off and i couldnt anyways.

So after a fresh install im still having the problem so now im thinking its a bit of a hardware problem, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

That was my thinking as the VCORE isn't very stable, i think the system is not getting enough power from the psu but somone else on another board told me that was normal im going to go with my gut and what you just said and see what a new psu would do.

Thanks Rody

Comment

When was the last time that ya cleaned the dust bunnies out of it? :?:

Comment

that's a good question, sounds like it may be a heat issue. crack it open and clean it. I would also make sure the cpu heatsink is still seated correctly. maybe it got jostled and isn't working properly anymore

Comment

Working...
          X