Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP, CPU won't clocl to normal speeds!!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, CPU won't clocl to normal speeds!!?!

just recently i underclocked my 2.53 down to 1.90 gigs because my pc was overheating and i thought this would allow it to run a little cooler.

well i got a more powerful PSU and a new HSF, so i started slowly upping the FSB untill i would get to 133.
    well over the past few days i have been upping the FSB by 1's and 2's. well when i get to 110 FSB the computer freezes if i go 1 point after. the PC speed gets up to 2.10 and the chip is a 2.53 gig chip so i dont know what the problem can be. so plz help me! can it have something to do with voltage?

Specs:

P4 - 2.53g, 533 mhz FSB | ATI Radeon 9800 | Kingston 1024 Pc2100 RAM | 80GB WD 7200RPM | Creative SB Live! | Shuttle as45gt/r MoBo | ThermalTake 420w PurePower |

what are your temps like?

is the HSF instaled in the recommended manner, paste and all?

do you have case fans? if so where?

heat will cause problems if its not addressed correctly

Comment

Have ya cleared the CMOS to let the BIOS redetect all the hardware again? :?:

Comment

my pc is running at an average of 40c. i put Arctic silver ceramique on it last week. there are 2 exhausts fan directly behind the CPU
        and an intake that blows directly onto the graphics card.

the heatsink fan is a CollerMaster Aero 4.

i reset the jumpers and the speeds went back to 2.53 but when i get to windows and restart the speeds drop back down to 1.9 and i have to do the process all over.

this pc has been pissing me off lately.
        my pc has been doing random reboots and it says the 9800 drivers are the problem.
        i have tried cat and omega drivers 3.8-3.10 and same problems.

i try to run norton antivirus but when its half way through my monitor always blanks out(the light turns orange) and it wont turn back on when i try to move the mouse, so im forced to restart

thx for the help so far guys

Comment

I've never been keen on Shuttle mobo's or SiS chipsets but have ya tried runnin' Memtest86 (perform it after ya reset to the proper speed as this test is done at bootup without Windows bein' loaded) also do ya still have overheatin' probs and if so do ya have a link or pic of ya case? It could also be that ya need to do a clean install of Windows. Is there a jumper on the mobo to select between 100MHz and 133MHz FSB on the mobo itself?

Comment

ill probably be reformatting soon. i'm just transfering all my stuff onto another hardrive.

i dont think i have that kind of jumper on my pc but ill double check.

i will also try to run memtest because someone told me that it could be the pc2100 RAM.

Comment

Working...
            X