No announcement yet.

Computer restarts for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be but I'd run Memtest86 1st and if errors occur then increase the memory voltage first and retest to see if that cures it. If it doesn't then go and nick the memory outa AsianBatman's PC.

Comment

No, before this happened it was also the ram. If he does get near my ram i will shank him with a asian knife.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Really he should shank you with a asian knife and then just take ya whole PC. :devil:

Comment

i will gaurd it with my life before he gets near it...i rather put water on it! :flames:
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

HAHA wiggo...dont gimme idEAS!!!!! anyway yeah i did have a probelm before with the ram (i think) but...it WAS fine until bat boy did...whatever.....now its error o matic ..could over clocking for a short time dmg the ram?

Comment

I've never come across it b4 but that's not to say that it mightn't happen. Then if ya had a prob with it b4 the overclock may have just tipped it over the edge but testin' with some known good memory will soon tell ya. I'm also free with plenty of ideas, a small lump of lead can fix many things.

Comment

ok i tried this....and so far....its working!!!!!!!!.....i switched ram slots and made sure the ram was in TIGHT...and i ran that memory test....and it completed 9 tests without an error (1hr and 45 min) ....there was more testing but....ill do that while I sleep...BUT when I usually take this certain action on a game...it always had an error....and i just took this same action...and i DIDNT GET AN ERROR!!!!

Comment

What does your sig mean?

Nine-Tailed Demon Fox??

Comment

HAHA......its from an anime called "Naruto" its about a kid named naruto (hes in the sig) and hes trying to become the strongest form of ninja(hokage)....he lives in a ninja world where people can transform and use special abilties as a ninja and he has the nine-tailed demon foxed seal within him...it gives him stronger powers than the average ninja......its a kewl anime you should check it out....its only in japan now.....so all the epps are subtitled....you can dnwld them off kazaa or sites.... :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                    X