comp shut down while playing game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp shut down while playing game??

i dont know where to put this so put it where it belongs if not...but any way..well i was playing max payne 2 today and i beat it so i decided to turn the graphics on high and play it again which was set just over 3/4 the way previously(texture qual)..but i dont know if its because my 9800 all in wonder pro couldnt handle it or what.. i figured it couldnt be that casue thats a kick ass card..i have noticed it tends to get hot once and a while......i know my mobo (soyo kt400) has a heat thing to where if it gets to hot it shuts down..but other than that i dont knwo why it restarted on me...i have 4 fans too..so i dont know thats why i need you fellas...thanks

anybody?????

Comment

Download MotherBoard Monitor 5 and check your system temps, then go play MP2 for 10-115 minutes, exit out and see what the temps are. If they are getting extremely higher, its time to get a lower ambient temp (open the window if ya got snow like me) or rearrange your airflow of your fans, or a better heatsink. Hope that helps.

Comment

thanks man. where can i find it

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Crappy
          thanks man. where can i find it
          Ya really need to learn to use Google but here's the link for it, http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
          Also if ya usin' Windows XP has ya checked for any red tagged logged errors in the Event Viewer (control panel/admin. tools)? :?:

Comment

yeah, heres one of the errors for max payne 2 : Hanging application MaxPayne2.exe, version 1.0.97.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Comment

is it just max payne 2? try playing another graphically intense game and see if it hangs. ive had some games before that just didnt wanna play nice, 4x4 evo 2 was the only game that would crash with my rig but it ran fine on my backup rig. i swear computers have personalities.: peace2:

Comment

Maybe its his power supply or Ram???:?:

You could try disabling some Cmos settings related to video to see if that takes care of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X