Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hyperthreading option in Shuttle bios

Hello,
    I recently put together a Shuttle sb51g, and everything's running smoothly. Thing is, my friend bought the exact same system (845ge chipset, 2.4 p4) and in his advance chipset features in bios, his shows "hyperthreading", and enable disable. On boot up mine shows 2.4mhz, and his shows 1.2mhzx2. Also, his ram is on 266, and mine 333, but he might have bad ram so thats no biggie. But, why don't I have this hyperthreading option? Is it something I did? The systems stable and everything, I dunno what's up...... Thanks all.

On the 2.4 with either the 400 or 533 bus HT is not supported. With that bus speed, HT was not supported until the 3.06/533 bus P4. The 2.4/800 bus and aboce support HT. In the bios HT would not show as 1.2ghzX2, it would show as 2.4 X2.

Comment

try checking the shuttle site for a bios update :thumb:

Comment

To VinnieVen: I'm sure both our procs are p4 2.4, 533fsb..... i'm not sure what his bios displays for it.... and I'll go check out that shuttle site now! Thanks!

Comment

Find answers to Upgrading from P41.7 to p4 2.4 - Hyperthreading - with XP Pro problem from the expert community at Experts Exchange
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
          X