2 PCs + a TV dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 PCs + a TV dilema

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=56-101-208) and my gaming computer will be using the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum EX for the soundcard. I am asking is it possible to run all of these devices through the speakers and if it is what Input/Outputs would I use? If it does not work, what would I need to make it all work together?

------and-------
    I'm very worried about getting a Nexus Fan controllor, b/c imma get a swiftech 4000B heatsink and a vantec tornado, but im worried that the Nexus won't be able to handle it and how would i use one of those 4 pin to dual 3 pin power adapters to control it on the nexus and monitor the RPM???

just a thought but they do sell audio switch boxes which you can connect the output from your PC's to and then connect the switch to the logitech speakers. that would give you audio out from both computers you'd have to flip the switch to change audio sources. if you don't care about the volume you could buy a splitter cable and then you would have both audio sources from your pcs available all the time with no switching but the volume will be much lower since the signal will be split.

i think the best sound output would be to go from each PC and each component hooked to the TV [dvd, cablebox,etc] to a dolby reciever and then into some home theatre speakers..

Comment

thx, but a box would be nice (you control volume from the little dock tho) and that would work pretty nice but what about toslink and digital I/O and that...analog is ok but...

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
        thx, but a box would be nice (you control volume from the little dock tho) and that would work pretty nice but what about toslink and digital I/O and that...analog is ok but...
        for any digital sound connection your best bet would be to hook everything up to a good dolby decoder or amp and output either via your stereo speakers or home theatre speakers.

I've never seen a switchbox for optical audio cables [toslink].. but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Comment

thanks, i guess i will just have to look into it

Comment

Working...
          X