X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird beep

Heres a doozy for you guys.

During specific gameplay (warcraft 3)

after a while of playing the system starts beeping. Sounds like some sort of warning beep. It keeps beeping constantly until I get out of the game..

If i alt-tab and minimize the game the beep stops as well.

weird eh?

my suspicions were the vid card initially but alas i changed it out and it still does it.

cpu temp? dont think so
    Power supply? possibly a problem.....as its stock antec 300w

any guesses ?

The beeping is probably from the mobo monitor software, telling you something is beyond the warning spec. It may well be the cpu temp. You won't know unless you check it.

Comment

:eek:

Yeah I was thinking about it again today and it probably is the cpu temp because I have kind of ruled out most other things.

but just during that game?
      seems kinda weird

cpu is p4 1.6ghz

heatsink is definitely on properly and that game isnt that demanding.....as well it only started a while ago. Ive been playing that game for quite a while.

does sound like a motherboard warning beep for sure though.

Comment

go into your bios and change the temp warning to shut down computer if temp gets to high - go and play the game and if your computer crashes you know its that. You may just be in a hot room or somet who knows!!

ta ta

Comment

Ill just run a monitor or a probe and see what the temperature really is on the cpu.

unfortunately its not an asus board otherwise i would use asusprobe or something but im sure i can pick up a utility to monitor the temp in real time while im playing the game.

maybe im overworking the damn thing.

thanks

:zzz:

Comment

Working...
          X