No announcement yet.

What speed burner do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JM I come across a program awhile back that would identify the protection on a disk. Let me see if I can find the link again.

Comment

You can get the liteon (and i guess the creative) from either of these stores:

Computer Alliance
      and Scorpion Technology

Id email Scorptec and get an updated pricelist for it (he is currently up to his teeth in backlogged orders over the hols) as you can prolly get it cheaper there.

The clone protection database/scanner I use is called 'ClonyXL' but its primarily written in a language other than English. If you chekout CDFreaks they prolly still mirror the english version of the program. There are others, checkout GameCopyWorld for the programs, but ClonyXL has performed the best for me. (plus it has an off/online database so you can search your cd for any protection that it fails to detect.

Have fun!

Comment

I have a LiteOn 24x/10x/40x and I have to agree with Bahamut Zer0 that these are the best cd-rw drives on the market today in terms of price and features. Currently the LiteOn drives can rip every protection out there and come highly reccomended by everyone I've talked too. Check out http://www.cdfreaks.com if you want some info on how to 'backup' your games. I bought mine from http://www.gamedude.com.au for $235 and almost as soon as I bought the drive, they went down to $200

Comment

Gee, how much was delivery to Yugoslavia???

And I notice you are browsing at work as well :flames:
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Philips 8/4/32 IDE. For what I do, this is just fine.

Comment

I agree... the only reason I bought a new one is my old one died, otherwise I wouldn't have replaced it : peace2:

Comment

I have a plextor 16/10/40a

Comment

I have an ASUS 16 - 10 - 40

What brand was the one that died albinus...?

Comment

I've got a Liteon 24x burner and payed $110 for it. I'm still waiting for my $20 rebate.

So far the drive is performing superbly. I've got a Afreey DVD drive which really sucks.

Comment

Comment

My first was a Creative 8x4x32...i payed like $250 for that when i t was retail for $350....and recently i bought a TDK VeloCD 24x10x40...for $130....and GUESS WHAT!!!!!.....IM SOO PISSED....i saw a TDK VeloCD 32x12x40 for $150 at the same place over the weekend....AAAAHHHH....when will it ever stop....when god when....aaaahhhhh....lol...god damn corperations....cant stop upgrading......aaahhhhh...let me stop...hehe...anywayz...im out peace.

FiReBLaZR

Comment

HP 9100+ 8/4/32
                          Chris "Raven"
                          News Crew - TweakTown
                          <!--
                          <font size=1>
                          <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                          - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                          - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                          - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                          </font>
                          // -->
                          "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

HP 9100I 8X4X32

To read what protection is on a disc use a proggy called Cloney XL , when used you can open Clone CD from its interface, transferring the automated settings to overcome the protection:wave:

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                              I have an ASUS 16 - 10 - 40

What brand was the one that died albinus...?

AOpen..... essentially a rebadged Ricoh - but it had a long life so I'm happy :)

Comment

I got a Samsung 12 x 8 x 32 here

Comment

Working...
                                X