Xtreme Gamer Audigy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtreme Gamer Audigy?

Have a Creative oem sound card (new?) that is suposed to be a Xtreme Gamer in the Audigy family :confused: . Anyone know anything about this model or how I may can truely identify it?:( The bar code on the back of the card refers to a model#SB0090. Want to use this with a A7V266-e.

Any info will be appreciated!:D

I tried Creative's web site:o . Unfortunatly there are three versions of the ..090 model card "gamer", "platinum", & I believe "MP3". My oem card however does not have the letter designator after the 090 to tell me anything!:( :mad: :( . I may just have to register it with Creative and see what the serial number gives me.

Being that this particular piece of hardware is OEM, Creative will refer you to the manufacturer of the system for drivers & support.

It is possible that the card is just enough different that the Creative drivers will not work, or have only limited functionality.
    You could try of course, but no guarantees you understand.

Do you know, or have any way of finding out where the card actually came from:?:

Maybe this page can help with further identifying the card;
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Actually bought it last year from a web dealer - never thought about going back and asking him !

But am still interested with anyone that has had experience with this line.:D

Comment

All three versions of the card are the same. The retail versions are the only ones that should carry the name Mp3, gamer, Platinum. The only difference is the software (and hardware with Platinum) that comes bundled with them. You may occasionally see an OEM Platinum, but that is probably "grey market". When you download updated apps from Creative, you must have the original app from the cd to install the upgrade. This keeps people from collecting the apps from all of the retail variations. Some venders may include the original apps for a variant on the driver cd so you can upgrade the apps for that model. But the cards are the same and all use the same drivers.

Comment

I own that OEM Audigy...and right now its in a cabinet collecting dust...one day it decided to stop working...from the get go it gave me problems like click and dings...out of no where, Out of no where sound would stop working..stuff like that. Maybe yours won't go through that. When it did work i used any type of drivers..and it was good to go.
          - Damien

Comment

Working...
          X