Some good speaker systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good speaker systems

There are lots of speakers out there. It can be tough trying to find the best ones for you. I have put together some of nicer ones in each price range ($0 - $50, $51 - $75, $76 - $125, $126+).

$76 - $125

Bose Media Mate Indigo Blue powered speakers"Amazing!". They are un-rivaled by any other 2 piece speaker system. They speakers are very nice looking. The subwoofer power is incredible especially since they don't have a .1 channel. They are pretty compact therefore are very good solution to someone who doesnt have much space. Highly recommended for they're price range.

Dimentions -

Height - 7.5"
    Width - 3.5"
    Depth - 8.5"

Pros -

- Great Sound
    - Compact for sound quality
    - High quality construction
    - Respected speaker company

Cons -

- $100 for 2 speakers is a bit pricey
    - Sound adjustment is a bit awkward

US Residents - Ice Blue - $119.20 with shipping, White - $99.88 with shipping, Indigo- $99.88 with shipping.

Altec Lansing 2100UA 3 Piece 220V Speaker System - 40W Total system power. High performance micro drivers. Aluminum coned neodymium micro drivers for unpredcedented signal accuracy. Ported dual sub-woofer drivers. You get exceptional low frequency from dual, front firing, long-throw drivers that are loaded in a solidly built wooden cabinet. Digital controller with power on/off and master volume; simply sit back and enjoy the experience. Total connectivity easily connects to gaming consoles (with included AAC1 adapter), portable cd-players, MP3 players, PC's and other analog / digital sources. Cast alloy stands designed for stability and performance.

US - $92.81 Without shipping

Colors - Black w/ Silver trim

Great speakers. Very slim design while maintaining great sound quality. The sub-woofer is nice while still being compact, It creates amazing bass. Very nice speakers if you are looking for a 2.1 system.

Dimentions -

Speakers:

Height - 7.3"
    Width - 2.2"
    Depth - 2.5"

SubWoofer:

Height - 12"
    Width - 6.5"
    Depth - 13.5"

Pros -

- High quality sound
    - Powered subwoofer
    - Slim design
    - Remote

Cons -

- Remote wire can get easily tangled
    - Speakers arent as powerful as other 2.1 systems

US Residents - Black w/ Silver trim

Black w/ Silver trim - $119.31 With Shipping.

Altec Lansing 4100LA 5 Piece 110V Speaker System - Altec Lansing 4100, boost your audio and video experiences with great sound and stylish looks. It includes a dual subwoofer and four satellites, the best choice to enhance CD and DVD playback on your PC, or connect to your gaming console.

US - $86.00 Without shipping

Colors - Black w/ Silver trim

Great speakers. Very slim design while maintaining great sound quality. The subwoofer is nice while still being compact, It creates amazing bass. Very nice speakers if you are looking for a 4.1 system.

Dimentions -

Speakers:

Height - 7.3"
    Width - 2.2"
    Depth - 2.5"

SubWoofer:

Height - 12"
    Width - 6.5"
    Depth - 13.5"

Pros -

- High quality sound
    - Powered sub-woofer
    - Slim design
    - Remote

Cons -

- Remote wire can get easily tangled
    - Speakers arent as powerful as other 4.1 systems
    - 2.1 Version of these speakers are much more powerful

US Residents - Black w/ Silver trim

Black w/ Silver trim- $108.75 With shipping.

Logitech Z560 400W 4.1 Sound system W/3D MatrixAwesomeBlack w/ Silver trim - $136.74 With shipping.

Well those are some of the best speakers that I found for the price range of $76 - $125. I will start working on some of the other price ranges. Enjoy :thumb:

The Z-560's are the nicest ones on that list. And in my opinion might be for a while. Until technology gets a little better. The Z-560's only competition is probably only the the Altec Lansing 641's. As the Klippsh speakers are similar quality for twice the price. But I'm sure the quality is noticeable.

Also I read a few reviews on the Z-560's you should probably change the Z-560's con to the control panel where you adjust the volumn as I heard its not exactly the neatest thing that you could put on your desk. I heard that all the cables from the speakers actually meet in this control panel.

Comment

Done :thumb:

The logitechs are definately better than the Altec's. But the Bose speakers were out of this world. I am going to buy them over the logitech's. At Best buy they had both set-up side by side. The Bose speakers blew em away...

Comment

Cause Bose is the best when it comes to speakers. Corvettes use them as the sound system. Camaro's used to use them but for some reason use Monsoon now. Monsoon I guess is good as well. Cause they sound amazing.

Comment

Yeah Bose is one of the best. I just can't believe they are only $100...

Comment

so far all my posts have been about the 641 but that's just about only thing I know of use ;)

I would go with a 4.1 speaker system just because it really improves gaming and even listening to music. I find it's a lot better to be immersed in the music, having it coming from all around. This also makes DVD's much nicer as you can imagine. As for z650 vs. 641, I'd go 641, that's what I did and no complaints, great combination of power and clarity.

Comment

I'm hoping Altec Lansing come out with a 6.1 speaker system soon to go with the Audigy2! :)
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I am going to get the Logitech Z560 also. I am just debating if I should since I live in an apartment with a cranky neighbors....who ***** about the slightest noise we make!! Idiots. I think I might buy the speakers and just hook up the subwoofers of my old speakers and the Logitech Z560 and from my cd player...play some bass and drum music for a couple hours straight to piss them off. heheheheheheh! :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Ahem.. Klipsch Promedia 5.1's.

Need I type more? Since my computer is my entire media station (DJ/Music, Movies, TV, Games) I have no problem shelling out the money for those bad boys.

I have very sensetive ears.. one of those x-band nerds LOL. What might seem like a small decrease in quality sounds like breaking glass to me! Just one of those things, I guess. I just wouldn't settle for the Logitech Z's..
                  Chris "Raven"
                  News Crew - TweakTown
                  <!--
                  <font size=1>
                  <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                  - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                  - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                  - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                  </font>
                  // -->
                  "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                    I'm hoping Altec Lansing come out with a 6.1 speaker system soon to go with the Audigy2! :)
                    That would be nice but I read somewhere that the human ear can't even tell a difference. Especially when it comes to 7.1.

Comment

Re: Some good speaker systems

can anyone add some snaps, i mean photos?? pls

Comment

Re: Some good speaker systems

I would go with a 4.1 speaker system just because it really improves gaming and even listening to music. I find it's a lot better to be immersed in the music, having it coming from all around. This also makes DVD's much nicer as you can imagine.
                        Last edited by Darthtanion; 06-08-2009, 07:21 AM. Reason: Remove SPAM linkage

Comment

Working...
                        X