Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game benchamrk always lists Intel iGPU (HD 2000) as adaptor used and not PCI-e... any point in upgrading PCI-e ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game benchamrk always lists Intel iGPU (HD 2000) as adaptor used and not PCI-e... any point in upgrading PCI-e ?

Presently have 4 screens for general productivity;

- 2 screens (HDMI & DVD-D) off Intel HD 2000 iGPU
    - 2 screens (HDMI & DVD-D) off Nvidia 210 PCI-e x16

My game benchmark always lists the integrated graphics in its results. This even happens when the game is running full screen on the monitor which is connected to the PCI-e card.

I want to upgrade the PCI-e card to get good frame rates on the game, but cannot see any point if the game will always use the Intel iGPU anyway.

My question(s) are:

(1) Is it possible to "force" the game to use the PCI-e card, even though I have iGPU active ?
    (2) Is it possible that the game is already using the PCI-e GFX but not reporting it ?

Note: my chipset came out before the "dynamic" system on later Intel Z chipsets.
    Last edited by Geor9e; 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM. Reason: make more good

Re: Game benchamrk always lists Intel iGPU (HD 2000) as adaptor used and not PCI-e... any point in upgrading PCI-e ?

You will have to disable the IGPU in the bios to get an honest PCI-E frame rate, only way that I know of...........
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Re: Game benchamrk always lists Intel iGPU (HD 2000) as adaptor used and not PCI-e... any point in upgrading PCI-e ?

So if I buy a GTX 650, and use in conjunction with on-board graphics, will it actually get used properly ?

I don't mind a little performance hit but obviously don't want to be totally limited by whatever the Intel HD 2000 an do.

Comment

It would seem to be a case of user error. I was actually running the game on a screen connected to the Intel HD 2000

When running on a display connected to the PCI-e I get better frame rates & the benchmark lists the discreet card.

Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X