newbie needs help updating my AMD Radeon HD 6870 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs help updating my AMD Radeon HD 6870 drivers

I need to update my AMD drivers but CCC won't open so I can't use their uninstall driver feature. The last time I updated my drivers I installed them on top of the old ones because I tried uninstalling the drivers and I lost all video on my computer. In order to remedy this I had to remove my GPU and plug the monitor into the onboard video and then do a system restore so that I could update the drivers on top and still be able to use my GPU. If I didn't go back to the restore point I wouldn't have been able to use my GPU at all.

So if I try to uninstall the drivers now or uninstall CCC I'm thinking that the GPU video will just stop working again probably. Any idea if their is a repair utility or something for CCC? I looked in the folder and nothing jumped out at me.

Re: newbie needs help updating my AMD Radeon HD 6870 drivers

If your using the onboard video now go into add/remove programs and uninstall anything ATI related then reboot. You shouldn't of had to remove the VGA card in order to use onboard video. You can switch between the two within the BIOS settings. What are your system specs?
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.836
    Core i7 3770K
    GA-Z68XP-UD3 Rev 1.0 (Award BIOS F-10)
    32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3
    Asus RX 570 OC 4GB DDR5 (20.4.2)
    1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    LG Blue Ray Writer
    Antec 650w PSU
    Rosewill Mid tower Challenger Black