Are there any good LCD monitors on the Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any good LCD monitors on the Market

I guess there are good ones....if you are using word and want to surf the internet.....but what about gaming....
    I have read some reviews at Tom's Hardware, but what do you guys think? Money aside.......Can LCDs be good for gaming?

The August edition of Maximum PC (minimum BS) has a great review on current ones. The consensus is that they are not there yet but getting closer.

Comment

you get max pc to cool

Comment

My favorite mag - Have not received the September issue yet have you?

Comment

The best ones IMO are made by samsung.
          Money aside.......Can LCDs be good for gaming?
          If you are a gamer that keeps an eye open for the next edge that will push you ahead in ability, and the game you play is something that sees the contents of the screen constantly changing or moving quickly, then NO.

No LCD performs 'well' in that situation. Some games, where the screen doesn't change quickly or even if you are a gamer that doesn't really care how you perform in any given game, then an LCD would work.

Comment

okay, well does anyone know what is on the horizon for LCD monitors....like in 6-12 months. I am curious? I have read the reviews of current flat panels and I agree the samsung seems to be the best....but in my mind...not good wnough for gaming. I think for the time being I am going to stick with my 17in CRT.....

Comment

Well, LCD's are slowly getting better, but their prices aren't going to come down any time soon. (3-5 years according the The Screensavers on TechTV)

Comment

Well i have used the iMac and Hercules Guillemot LCD screens. I do not own them, but have tried them out on various occasions, my friends own them. They are not used for serious gaming though as nothing can beat the good old flat screen CRT. The refresh rate and pixel drive of a regulart crt monitor cannot be match by a LCD screen in this point of time.
                Indeed Samsung are leading in the breakthrough of LCD screens but LCD costs alot of money aswell. I know of generic brand LCD screens but i have not used them, so i am unsure of their performance.
                As for gaming stick to crt monitors, far superior. I know that in newer Net cafe places, they seem to have numerous LCD screen pc's.
                Overall LCD is great for everyday useage, for your MS word, paint etc. But for serious gamers, stick to CRT unless you love the flat panel.
                They're great for moving around, nice and light :D

Comment

Working...
                X