Artifacts = death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts = death?

While playing WoW today my screen lagged a bit, and the top half had artifacts (some vertical lines) for a few seconds, and then returned to normal. I rebooted right after it happened and things have been fine since.

What I want to know is if artifacts are always hardware related, and if this is a strong sign my ****s about to die. Or if other things like software or drivers can cause artifacts.

I had WoW minimized for a few hours and was watching youtube videos on battery life, something I don't normally do, then proceeded to continue playing WoW by "un" minimizing it. So I hoping some drivers or software just went a little nutty, but idk.

I don't overclock and my temps are always great...I went through a lot to get good temps because my old laptop with an 8600m gt failed from heat issues. My GPU temps never go above 75c, even under max use. I usually idle around 45-50c and browse around 53c.

Re: Artifacts = death?

I ran furmark for 30 minutes. Everything was OK, no artifacts, no overheating. Here's a screen I took.

Don't know if that matters or not, or if it's a valid diagnoses tool

Comment

Sometimes that can mean your memory is failing whatever settings you have applied to it, your total system overclock, or drivers in the game itself need to be improved

When you run furmark, run it full screen at the same resolution you game at. If you did then good, looks like your card may not be to blame as if it was it would likely fail and corrupt fairly quick using that app.

Comment

I played games all day again today and things were fine. But when I was browsing the corners of my screen did something funny, like a flash. I'm ready to believe the cards dying.

Is there anything I can do in this situation? anything to make it last longer? any companies out there offer extended warranties that can be gotten after 90 days of purchase?

Comment

Well you can bake the card and see if that will fix it (google this because I can't advise on it).

Or send it in for RMA, most cards carry at least a year or more warranty. What card is this?

Comment

RMA that, usually caused by overheating or power insufficient
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Please see My Websites: PixShare - Free Photo Hosting | PixProxy - Stealth Browsing

Comment

Working...
            X