Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I'm kidding. ;) ;)

Comment

FLACO I've seen some at some of the electronics stores, but no decision yet.

Comment

how far away from black river falls are you just kidding too:D :D

Comment

Just inherited a pair of raggedy stands from one of my brothers. They are made out of some kind of wood but need some clean up. I don't know what he did to make them smell the way that they do, and I don't want to know. I'll strip the stain off them & see what I end up with.

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
            I don't know what he did to make them smell the way that they do, and I don't want to know.
            Well I'm kinda' curious:?:

I could edit my list of Top 10 Things Not To Do With Speakerstands
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

You just had to ask. So I gave the bro a call. He said you don't want to know. I pressed him for an answer. Seems it had something to do with a p...ing contest. Yuk. I/m glad I hosed them down (Ha -with a real hose) before I brought them inside. Have stripped them & the wood looks halfway decent.

Comment

I'm reasonably sure that was on my list, thanks for checking though:laugh:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

It should be for sure. Hard to believe I'm related to him or any of my brothers. None use computers!

Comment

Well, I finally finished staining the "tainted" rear speaker stands & they look great with nary a smell. Only problem now is having the speakers vibrate off the suckers.

Comment

Velcro. ;)
                      :cheers:

Comment

Wiggo, mine have little feet with a hole (so you can mount them on the wall) and I was considering a screw but didn't want to drill any holes in the stands. Will give the velcro a try as I have some on hand & see how it does. Thanks.

Comment

I hang my surround speakers from the ceiling. I have false ceilings in my appt., so it was easy. I acutally used some cat5e to hang them. the three strands are connected to a strip of wood, painted white to match my ceiling that just slides under the frame for my ceiling tiles.

Comment

Working...
                          X