Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I connect these two with the Sli bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I connect these two with the Sli bridge?

I have a Pny 9800 gtx+

I just recived free a Pny 9500 gt 512 gig

they both have the sli connector on top but the 9800 has 2 as in duo connector
    I saw the quad connettor to but that wont fit right because the 9500 only has the single

any help
    thank you

Re: Can I connect these two with the Sli bridge?

Nope. Generally speaking you must have two matched GPUs with the same chip. Here is a SLI faq list from nVidia: FAQ On the up side you should be able to set up the weaker card as a PhysX card if you are interested in going that route. Here is a list of games that suppoert PhysX: PhysX Games List And here is a PhysX faq: PhysX FAQ
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

It was a suprise free be any way
      I slamed it in my PCI e slot to see if it is working
      it's good
      now I will
      just sell it ( I wish I had time to play games HAHAHA)

thanks for the reply
      maybe I found a new second home
      thanks

oh yeah I have almost all the games on my PC even 1000's from nes nintendo ps2, era\\ now the new generation stuff I hardley ever touch the old simpl stuff with having the new like HL HL2 FEAR2 quake4 <okokk haha, call of duty4 x blades tom clansy sim3 burnout paradise prince of persia tlr I am a nut huh oh lyeah eft for dead
      what can i say
      Oh the only one that does not work on high frame rates on my system is
      Fallout

thanks

Comment

hehe its time to get a new computer :)
        Asrock P55-Extreme
        Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
        2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
        ASUS HD5850
        1TB Samsung SATA II
        Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

I have a 2 sweet computers of my own.

1 is way cool it has a asus p5n-d mobo Q9450 q2c liquid cool 4 gig ddr2 pc64 800 corsair + 4 gig pc64 800 samsung a pny 9800gtx+ 512 mg 750 watt corsair power supply 2 750 gig Hard drive and a lightscrib and a dvdrw all in a LIAN LIE case with 3 120mm clear fans with blue lights
          with a 22" asus hdmi pannel with Vista ultimat and tons of cool software!

then I have a nice mobo that cam from a HP M8020n but a crap O **** case with no face plate and no side cover . it has a E5400 with 4 gig pny pc64 800 mem and a 37 gig hd and a TV card with a 19" Samsung pannel

then I have a 17" HD ACER bench pannel for repairs rebuilds blah blah
          and a 15" crap O **** pannel.
          But now I have nine other new rigs for sale

I had the 9500 Gt card as a suprise from one of the rigs for sale. I guess someone forgot to take it out

Comment

Working...
          X