Can't install older drivers (Nvidia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install older drivers (Nvidia)

I was having problems with the 180.48 drivers for my Geforce 9800gtx, so I wanted to roll back. But when I tried to install the 175.19 drivers, it told me "Could not locate driver" or something similar and would shutdown the installer. I downloaded the correct driver and all; I went to nvidia's site and entered in my OS (Vista x64) and specific card. Am I stuck using the most recent drivers?

Re: Can't install older drivers (Nvidia)

Did you uninstall the 180.48 driver using the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel before you rolled back to the 175.19 driver?
    If not, please do so, then restart your PC and install the 175.19 driver if you can.

Comment

Re: Can't install older drivers (Nvidia)

Originally posted by Prince iSO-1992 View Post
      Did you uninstall the 180.48 driver using the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel before you rolled back to the 175.19 driver?
      If not, please do so, then restart your PC and install the 175.19 driver if you can.
      I would uninstall nvidia drivers as suggested and then boot into safe mode and use Drivercleaner Pro or Driver Sweaper to be sure all signs of the driver are gone. Then reboot and install your new/old drivers.

Comment

Working...
      X