Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I buy a Galaxy GeForce 7300gt pcie x1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy a Galaxy GeForce 7300gt pcie x1?

I read about the Galaxy GeForce 7300gt pcie x1 in a review on Tweak Town.
    I have only the one pcie x1 slot. (Did anyone guess Dell yet?) The problem is I can't find it for sale anywhere in US. I did find it in Poland but would prefer not to have pay to ship from Europe. (and my Polish is somewhat lacking)
    I chose this card over the HIS Radeon x1550 pcie x1 (equally elusive) and the older HIS x1300 pcie x1 but would like to see some discussion on my choice if you can't help me find the Galaxy card.
    Dell E310 3.06ghz 512mb

Re: Where can I buy a Galaxy GeForce 7300gt pcie x1?

300 views and no help. Not really surprised. Not a big market for the x1 cards.

Comment

I searched for over a 1/2 hour today and could not find 1 single PCI-E 1X video card for sale except a few MATROX cards and they were strictly designed for 4 monitors and not gaming. Good luck finding these...... Dell probably bought them all and crushed them so noone can upgrade..
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Remember that we often get products for review before they are available to the general public. If you are patient, they should start to hit the mainstream retailers soon.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
          I searched for over a 1/2 hour today and could not find 1 single PCI-E 1X video card for sale except a few MATROX cards and they were strictly designed for 4 monitors and not gaming. Good luck finding these...... Dell probably bought them all and crushed them so noone can upgrade..
          Thank you. I have found 5 cards with the pcie x1 lane. The Matrox which you mentioned and the PNY NVIDIA Quadro NVS 440 are for multiple monitor workstations. The other 3 that I mentioned would do well for gaming. I did recently find the HIS Radeon X1550, but it's $150. The older x1300 is around $100. The 7300gt looks like it will be under $100 and seems to more capable in many keys areas. I do want a Vista premium capable card and would like to at least be able to play Doom3 at a good frame rate. And don't anyone tell me I can't play Doom3 with an x1 card. I was able to get just under barely playable frame rates (12-18 fps) with a Radeon 9250 256mb pci card. Say what you will about Dell, they truly deserve it, but they do get a lot of things right. This computer is quite powerful and has been very fun to mod. I love the BTX form factor with the cards facing up. This just makes sense. Nothing like plugging in that brand new video card with the cool looking Zalman fan then never seeing it again through the window that you spent hours hand-cutting the hole for and installing.
          Last edited by twin; 03-16-2007, 12:17 AM. Reason: Grammar correction

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion View Post
            Remember that we often get products for review before they are available to the general public. If you are patient, they should start to hit the mainstream retailers soon.
            Thank you. I was hoping that was the problem. Still I was concerned about not seeing retailers carrying very many Galaxy cards in the US. Could anyone suggest any retailers that typically carry that brand?

Comment

There is one for sale on eBay UK, but will post worldwide:
              Galaxy nVidia GeForce 7300 GT PCI-E x1 Graphics Card on eBay, also Graphics Video Cards, Graphics, Video TV Cards, Desktop PC Components, Computing (end time 19-May-08 16:11:54 BST)

Comment

Re: Where can I buy a Galaxy GeForce 7300gt pcie x1? Answer..

I advise E-bay Germany.. It seems to me of the price is little bit better.. The truth the reference does not pass

Comment

Working...
                X