No announcement yet.

Audigy worth the upgrade from Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what's better about the EMU10k2 over the EMU10k1??

Comment

Creative mentions that the
      new EMU10K2 is about 4 times
      faster over the old EMU10K1,
      and it supports EAX 3
      (EAX Advanced HD) and it's quite
      impressive! Thats the difference :)

But if I wasn't that much of a audiophile
      I wouldn't go for the audigy..

Comment

I beleive Creative is pulling another Nvidia and VIA on the public. The EMU10K2 is nothing more then a renamed EMU10K1 its just beefed up..Same thing goes for the KT333 and the KT400....... Its nothing more then a beefed up KT266A.....just like Nvidia with there Geforce 4's....its only a super overclocked gefoce 3 with some extra graphic affects other then that.....Its all the same

Comment

The audigy can't do a lot of tricks more that the live!. But it's price tag is accordingly substantial higher.

Is it worth it? For the average Jon Doe, I don't think so.
          For the high end Midi user? I Don't think so.
          For everybody in between, maybe.

Just don't let them lure you into buying too expensive equipment.

I've heard this card only during gameplay. And it did not improve my gaming experience that much. Considering I am playing a game and not purely listening to the sound, I decided it wasn't worth the upgrade.

Comment

Well you've got a point there zzilva :)

Comment

I don't think its worth the UPGRADE but if you are starting from scratch and have the cash...and want one you should go for it. Otherwise its really not a big difference not for an upgrade at least. I've tried out both cards B4 purchasing my S-Card; one my friends own a Live and the other own an Audigy...i started from scartch..and went ahead and bought it.: peace2:
              - Damien

Comment

Working...
              X