all media players won't play - unable to render video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all media players won't play - unable to render video

I recently downloaded the first season of Star Trek Voyager and the second season of six feet under with Azureus to My Mac. When the download was complete I was able to watch the movie files by double clicking the fille in the Azureus application. When I double clicked on the file (which was being uploaded to other peers) Quicktime player would open and play the file. However, when I removed the torrent file from my system and from the azureus program as a result I cannot find a way to watch the files. I have downloaded every codec available along with every diagnosis tool and converter. Most say that the files are not valid AVI files and some say cannot render video.
    Usually if I was presented with this problem I would just believe the files to be corrupt and delete them. But I know they work. It also makes me suspiscious that files from two completely different torrents are behaving the same way.

Please help

Re: all media players won't play - unable to render video

Maybe the vidoe has a tog that only allows it to be played on azureas
    go Mac!!

Comment

Look around for an application called "Media Player Classic" and see if it can work for you. This is not a Microsoft player but an open souce one that has been very good for playing most formats out there.

Good luck.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

yes I've tried media player classic I just dont think its a codec problem. I think its the file itself, mayb It's got the wrong extension. Can anyone think of a fix?

Comment

you could manually edit the extension to the correct one. you never know, it works for me sometimes. if you dont know how to do that, go to folder options and select the "display file extensions" tag.

Comment

have u got the latest DivX and Xvid codecs?? because all video/ tv show downloads from torrents r usually DivX or Xvid...

also... did u say u deleted them from ur system and azurezs? or just the original torrent file that u use to start a download?

Comment

Working...
            X