lcd monitor when i first turn it on, it sometimes goes blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd monitor when i first turn it on, it sometimes goes blank

this doesn't happen often i don't think but when i just tried turning my lcd monitor on this morning with my computer the lcd would display the boot screen or whatever was coming from the computer but then would go blank (the power indicator led remained constant and didn't flash or turn red). i'm not exactly sure why it was having problems though. i just got this monitor last week, it's a Dcl-cd dx9a+ that i got from tigerdirect. when the monitor turned blank i couldn't load up the monitor's menu at all either xP, all the connections are in right so i'm wondering what was causing it to go blank.

Re: lcd monitor when i first turn it on, it sometimes goes blank

Im thining it is a video driver isue, try booting in safe mode and reinstalling the drivers.

Comment

if it's drivers its something on the monitor itself. i'm on another computer right now and when i try to turn it on it will display the info from the computer and the screen will go blank but the power led is still showing normal operation.

to try and clarify this problem more what is going on is i try and turn my monitor on and it displays (whatever the computer is sending) for half a second then the screen goes blank but the power led stays the same. and i'll keep turning it off and then back on but the same problem until randomly it stays on
      Last edited by GBRRICCI; 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Well that is a hardware problem with the monitor, I suggest you find out if it is still under warrenty and contact the company about a possable replacement.

Comment

yup thanks for the info amd, i have already contacted the manufacturer and they said that there was faulty hardware on the board, now i'm waiting for tigerdirect to email me back, hopefully with a full refund then i'll just go to newegg :P.

it was weird this time though turning it on, the first time i turned it on it went blank again, then i turned it off and back on again and the same thing but i waited and came back and it was displaying properly

Comment

Working...
          X