Video cards in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video cards in Japan

Hey people. Im having trouble finding information on this and i would really appreciate any knowledge any of u could share with me on the topic.

Question 1 - Are video cards (latest models to like a year back) cheaper in Japan? My parents are going and i want to know if i should give em money to get one for me.

Question 2 - Would there be any language/compadability issues like with bios settings or anything?

Thanks in advance
    - Ben

Re: Video cards in Japan

well the only place i know is cheap is ,China, malaysia, taiwan because these places makes the Hardware then be send back to america to sell australia or other countrys...
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>comming soon..

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice @ 1.95
    OCZ Gold VX 1GB/(512MBx2) DDR PC-4000
    Western digital 80GB 7200RPM
    LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D/
    leaktek 6800gt @427/1.15
    Antec TX1050B <o:p></o:p>

</o:p>

Comment

Might be cheaper just because the countries where they manufacturer them are much closer to Japan than America. But if you want a real dicount, go to Taiwan or any of the child-labor-utilizing third-world countries in far-east Asia for cheap hardware (video cards, RAM, and motherboards, among other things are manufactured almost exclusively in this region).

Comment

Thanks guys! Do u think the cards would be compadible if they came from taiwan?

They have child labour for computer parts too?

****ing messed up world.

Hope ill do something significant about it one day.

Thanks again, any info on compadibility stuff would be great.

Peace :)

Comment

They'll be compatible as long as they are regular AGP, PCI, or PCI-E cards. The only variance on any cards that wouldn't work would be a Mac version, which I doubt will be an issue.

Comment

I'm in Okinawa Japan and prices here are generally higher than stateside prices. The best computer store here sells about 25%-30% over places like Newegg. I usually order the big expensive stuff and go to local store for pieces/parts. China and Taiwan are cheaper. With the above caveats. Parts are the same but may not carry a recognizable name or users manual.

Comment

Thanks heaps that helped a lot!

Peace out :)

Comment

Working...
              X