audigy 2 zs platinum remote problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audigy 2 zs platinum remote problems

Hey my brother bought a new computer and he got the audigy 2 zs platinum sound card. anyways he wanted the remote... so it's all installed, the cables are hooked up correctly, the software has been installed but the remote won't work.. i update all the applications for it, and installed the latest drivers and even double checked all the wires but to no use. when looking into the settings for the remote, the spot for remote control reciever is blank and there is nothing there for me to chose a reciever. the remote control transmitter field is correct though. any ideas on how to fix this. thanks

Re: audigy 2 zs platinum remote problems

Hi Infielder,

I just wasted a whole day trying to gey my Audigy2 Platinum remote control to work so I feel your frustration! I came across your post looking for an answer. Last week I bought a new computer and ordered it without a soundcard because my Audugy2 Platinum is only a year old and I'm going to use it. I hooked everything up without following the written directions (I couldn't find them) and somehow I missed plugging the power supply molex connector into the breakout box. The soundcard worked fine without it being plugged in but the remote wouldn't work. I changed the batteries twice just make sure it wasn't them. Then spent quite awhile at the Creative support download webpage upgrading the drivers and software.... twice. I finally downloaded the manual and noticed that there's a power supply for the breakout box. Duh. If you can't find the molex wire/connector that came with your Audigy you can use one designed for a floppy drive. It's the same type of power connector/cord.

You wrote:

"when looking into the settings for the remote, the spot for remote control reciever is blank and there is nothing there for me to chose a reciever. the remote control transmitter field is correct though."

I saw the same thing in my Tools/Setting/Remote Control before I plugged in the power cord. After plugging in the power cord I'm now able to see those three options in black and adjust them...not faded out like before.

I hope this is your problem too so you can get your brother's remote working as it should.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X